RIP Michael Crichton

Geonovast

I don't know how many of you read novels, I used to breeze through one a week. Not too much anymore.

I saw in the paper today that Michael Crichton died of cancer on tuesday. He was 66.

For those that don't know who he was, he wrote Jurrassic Park, Sphere, Congo, The Andromeda Strain.

I still remember going to the outdoor/drive-in theatre to see Jurrassic Park. I was only six, but I remember.

I don't know how many of you read novels, I used to breeze through one a week. Not too much anymore.

I saw in the paper today that Michael Crichton died of cancer on tuesday. He was 66.

For those that don't know who he was, he wrote Jurrassic Park, Sphere, Congo, The Andromeda Strain.

I still remember going to the outdoor/drive-in theatre to see Jurrassic Park. I was only six, but I remember.

Enjoyed all of his books...liked the books better than most of the movies they made out of em...

RIP

The books were immensely better.

I was always very impressed by his ability to explain an incredibly complicated concept in a way that was easily understandable.

Willy

Yup, the books where kickass, I think the "lost world" is still one of my favorite books, way better than jurassic park.

I've got the sudden urge to watch that now.

Sphere was a good book, the movie, not so much, I think that is just a book that doesn't translate well into a movie.

I still need to read timeline and the congo.

...he wrote Jurrassic Park, Sphere, Congo, The Andromeda Strain. I still remember going to the outdoor/drive-in theatre to see Jurrassic Park. I was only six, but I remember.

Boy I feel very, very old. :( I was six when The Andromeda Strain movie came out!!!

...he wrote Jurrassic Park, Sphere, Congo, The Andromeda Strain. I still remember going to the outdoor/drive-in theatre to see Jurrassic Park. I was only six, but I remember.

Boy I feel very, very old. :( I was six when The Andromeda Strain movie came out!!!

Now I feel even older.........I was 14 when we paid the 75 cents to see that at the show :oops:

And Yes, in my novel reading mood, I've read several of Crichton novels, and the "Lost World" was very interesting :yes:

Not a great liker of sci-fi, but did knock a few of his books back.