Wiper Blades

I just replace the whole wiper assembly.

And while we're on the subject, I usually run a 14" on the drivers side and 10 or 11 inch on the passenger side. I find it helps alleviate the passenger side lifting off the glass and keeping that deposit of dirt way over in the corner (on my truck the wiper likes to make withdraws from that area and smear it across the glass).

In addition to the fact that a factory size blade doesn't curve all the way around the passenger side of the glass, the smaller the blade, the higher the pressure per square inch. I've found it make quite a bit of difference in wiping ability on my well-weathered windshields (the highway I used to drive all the time was concrete, and concrete roadways + Michigan = lots of rock dust that makes tiny divots in the glass.).

I've had 19" on them due to the previous owner and although they covered a majority of the view, they were a bit on the sluggish side. Throw on some bosch microedge 18"'s and they picked up the pace quite a bit and still do a good job. I might try 17" next time to increase the speed a bit more, but I'm definitely happy with the 18's. jamminz.gif

Thanks!

So do the replacement units fit onto the arm the same way that stock units fit? The pin through from a 90 degree angle?

BTW I'll probably stick with stock 18" blades, as I don't have to worry about snow and ice lifting the blade. :brows:

not trying to be a richard-cranium but... they should be fairly straightforward :cheers:

Perhaps so. I've just never seen a similar mounting style before.

Guess I'll just go look for myself.

Should just pop out with a screw driver...then slide the new one down till it locks.