98 2-DR XJ Seats

Has anyone done this swap? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to mount the 98 XJ seats to the MJ brackets. I'd like to see some pics if you have them....anything to steer me in the right direction. I have access to a welder and materials, but I need some engineering know-how up front before I butcher this!

Sow me what ya got! Pics, write-up, drawings on a napkin?

I looked in the DIY forum, but didn't see it. I know several people on here have done it and someone did a nice write up with pics and everything. It must be in one of the Project Threads.

I know there is a fair amount of cutting, drilling and changing to do in the process, but it works out nicely when done.

I think i have a copy of one of those threads but right now I'm at the office so is worthless to mention it i guess, but ill check as soon as i get to my place if can post them for yah

Actually i been saving copys of many projects so i can do some homemade stuff myself

Thanks guys...but those are for the 96-older XJ buckets. I have the newer 98 bucket seats...which are completely different than the old style. The base on mine is way too wide to mount up the seats.

I have 94 XJ seats in mine right now, but the 98's are much more comfortable.

I have a set of 96 prelude seats I'm still trying to figure out on how to mount in my truck. The thing is that tranny hump is so f'ing big.. The base of those seats are really wide. and just by setting them in my cab it looked like i would have to sit two or three inches higher. To get the prelude seat to sit at the same height as the jeeps they would be rubbing on the tranny hump. I'm not sure how diffrent the late model XJ seat are, but you should be able to measure it all out and find a way to place them in there.. I have some s-10 seats I'm going to look into next.

Thanks guys...but those are for the 96-older XJ buckets. I have the newer 98 bucket seats...which are completely different than the old style. The base on mine is way too wide to mount up the seats.

I have 94 XJ seats in mine right now, but the 98's are much more comfortable.

they are for 94 and older seats. the seats changed to 98+

there is no write-up on comancheclub for installing 1995 to 2001 xj seats. I have a pair that will get installed in my wheeling truck whenever I get the rest of the kinks worked out first. just intend to weld four tabs to the floor and bolt it in. remove anything that is in the way (such as the reinforcement rib that goes to the rockers...relocate it further back or forward). will need to bend the rear tabs a little bit to accomplish this, or locate the seat mounted a little higher than "stock"