wheels!

BREEZE1

oe-jeep-wgr-b-3-x.jpg

08dd_1.JPG

d1d2_1.JPG

Sup guys. Man I really like these wheels. won't yall help a brother out and post a pic or two with these wheels on a Comanche. I'm looking to get a set of wheel. I do like the black steelies but I think its so much cooler when your rock’n the jeep wheels. jamminz.gif THE GOLD ONES ARE NICE!! :cheers:

I believe the black one's only are available in a 15x7 size with a factory(ish) backspacing, the gold (factory option for the Golden Eagle models) as well as the silver one's are a 15x8.

So if your going to be running a 31" or larger tire the black one's are not the wheels you need unfortunately.

FYI, the ebay seller of those black Ravines does not have a very good reputation despite a decent feedback score, however that seems to be more for their import car rims than domestic. i was going to buy a set of wheels for my car until i saw a lot of negative, neutral and "mutually removed" feedback for a lot of their import car rims. i think they specialize in mustang wheels and his feedback appears that he moves a fair amount of jeep wheels too, so they may not be a problem.

Yeah I love your wheels. I was wanting to ask you what’s It like having a stroker? What kind of gas mileage are you getting? If you could do it again would you go 4.6L or 4.7L? Also you say you have explorer brakes, is that because you have an 8.8 in the rear? If you have an 8.8 what wheel spacer did you use, and were can I get them? Sorry man, i'm asking so many questions. You have one of the cleanest and nicest Comanche’s I’ve ever seen. :cheers:

Yeah I love your wheels. I was wanting to ask you what’s It like having a stroker?
Funny you should ask that. I recently installed the 99+ manifold and a Unichip, and posted the dyno runs over on the stroker forum. Made a hell of a difference, but I was getting slight stumbling when the AW4 was lugging under load in O/D at around 2000 RPM as they are prone to do. So I took the scenic drive down to Hesco today (just got back). They leaned it out in the 1950-2100 RPM range and left the rest as is. Nice you can do that w. the Unichip instead of just retarding or advancing the timing for the whole RPM range. It's FLYIN' now. :eek:

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?
Been thru three tankfulls now since doing the above mods, and am getting 16.5 city, 20 highway. That's about 1.5 MPG better than before. It's a more efficient burn with the new style intake.

If you could do it again would you go 4.6L or 4.7L?
I went 4.5 so if needed I could bore it out another .030 w/o getting a new block. Hesco says my dyno readings are equal to or better than the 4.6's they have tested, and on a par w. the 4.7s'.

Also you say you have explorer brakes, is that because you have an 8.8 in the rear? If you have an 8.8 what wheel spacer did you use, and were can I get them?
I put in a TeraFlex kit on my D35 that uses 1999 era Ford Explorer rotors and pads. One of the reasons I got this kit was because it's easily transferable to the D44; just have to swap out the backing plates. Sooner or later the D35 will prolly blow up, that's when the 44 will go in.

Sorry man, i'm asking so many questions. You have one of the cleanest and nicest Comanche’s I’ve ever seen.

No problem, and thank you! :cheers:

oe-jeep-wgr-b-3-x.jpg

08dd_1.JPG

d1d2_1.JPG

Sup guys. Man I really like these wheels. won't yall help a brother out and post a pic or two with these wheels on a Comanche. I'm looking to get a set of wheel. I do like the black steelies but I think its so much cooler when your rock’n the jeep wheels. jamminz.gif THE GOLD ONES ARE NICE!! :cheers:

Keep in mind these wheels on FleaBay are replicas (read Made in China). This may or may not be okay, but I'd rather get a good used set, perhaps with good tires also, and save some $$. You can always blast and paint them any color you want. :cheers:

hornbrod do you have a link to your build?

Not really of the whole thing. Just some bits and pieces of mods I did in the DIY section. I wish I had documented the whole thing like MJeff is doing. The below is a pic of how I bought it in Brookneal, VA in 1999. A Plain Jane base model, 2WD, 4.0 w. AW4 and A/C, but most importantly it was an HO w. a good body. :D

Ive been pushing around the idea of building a 4.5L stroker my self. Of course I’m not blessed with an HO. I guess they both have there pros and cons, but I like the HO better. Any who, ive been searching around to find a link were someone has built a budget 4.5l stroker with the renix motor and computer. I would like to copy someone elses work, something that’s tried and true. I know all engines are not the same but I'm sure we could get it close. I just don’t want to get (this is for instance) 19 lb injectors then I find out that I have to shell out more coin to get 24 lb injectors. I guess I need to start looking around on the stroker forum. You got any links or tips for me?

Also I have looked at the megasquirt system. I don’t quite understand it yet. Maybe if it would click in my peanut brain I would probably be building a stroker sooner. :headpop: