gas milage

Yeah, I'm getting 17 mostly around town on a 4.0 auto. 24 one the freeway if I don't go over 65, 22 when doing 70-75.

Wanted to try the Ford motor sports injectors (and still might at some point in time), but I figure my mileage is already as good as it's gonna get.

hey is 16.6 mpg on a 2.5l good mileage i heard of other getting 20+ any ideas if this is normal

What size tires? City or highway driving? How fast do you go on the freeway? Done a tune up lately?

well i got a 95 dakota with a 2.5l and a 15gallon tank and it gets 300 miles a tank which is 20mpg

and i got a 89 jeep comanche 2.5l with a 18gallon tank and only gets 298.8miles a tank which is 16.6mpg i nhave done a tune up i got spitfir copper plugs new cap rotor new oil filter air filter o2sensor oil changed

i drive 60-65mph on freeway and 50mph in city i drive 13mile aday for school so idk i don't want to have to drive the dakota any ideas i do notice that i run about 1000rpm according to a afterarket tach if that matters ill ave pics of engine and nplugs o2 nd such

my tires are p235x75xr15

i got 247,847 on mine and stilll runs and idles good

with over 240 on the clock id say thats reasonable. we have no real idea of any previous owners driving habits. and by any chance do you drive spirited? cause that makes a BIG difference in a truck

right well its the stops signs, lights passing people on and off the throttle that kill your mileage. drive it like a grandma and see how it is. you will most likely notice a big difference unless you drive like this already. which i hope you don't, cause i hate being behind slow drivers

why does it seem i use more gas on hwy wand just out of curiosity but would the tirs being in need of blanceing affect it> :huh???:

yes they would.

also, if you do not have stock sized tires and didn't change the speedometer gear, or if you changed axles/gears and didn't change the speedo gear, your speedometer is not reading correctly and so you could not POSSIBLY get an even close to accurate reading by doing math based on the simple odometer readings...i.e. if it's off by positive 15%, then you need to multiply the total miles on one tank by 1.15 to get total miles, then divide the total by however many gallons you used.

similarly, if you are off by negative 15%, you will multiply the total miles on the odometer by .85, to get the total miles. so on and so forth, whatever the percentage is that you are off, you need to figure it in to get accurate readings.

I get 27 to 29mpg highway/interstate with the 3800 if I light-foot it the whole time and have few stops...but if you just did the math with just the odometer (which is off by 12.2%), you'd think it was getting a solid 22mpg. it gets 20mpg city.