Any Military Guys?

BookspanS

Ive met a few of those crazy Navy EOD guys. My cuz up in Va does a exercise where the navy comes out and blows up some trees and crap to keep the Appomattox flowing free.. here's a write-up (weirdly she just sent it to me today) in some Va paper. Her Dad was a founder of a place called HI-TEST LABORATORIES, INC. which provides shock testing on Navy Vessels. I'm pretty sure he knows someone in gold in Norfolk and hooked up the waterway clean-up...

• 3 weeks later...

Now....just returned from m.e.p.s. wednesday, and now i am an official Navy AM (Aircraft Structural Mechanic). Contract extention for 12 months for a bonus of $6000...recruiter going to try to roll me in Jan. 4....but if he can't then ya'll are STUCK with me til June 9 :D :D :rotfl2:

Now....just returned from m.e.p.s. wednesday, and now i am an official Navy AM (Aircraft Structural Mechanic). Contract extention for 12 months for a bonus of $6000...recruiter going to try to roll me in Jan. 4....but if he can't then ya'll are STUCK with me til June 9 :D :D :rotfl2:

Dayem, an Airdale in the Brown Shoe Navy! You might as well have joined the Air Farce....sigh......

Anyhow, that's good training matey. Where you going for boot and A school? Memphis?

Congrats..

Thanks..

Dad is a Vietnam Vet from the Navy.. Machinist Mate 1st Class. Served on the KittyHawk.

I was all set at 17 to go into the Marine's but... life happened.. didn't get my HS Diploma. Dropped out. got in trouble.

In the end.. got a GED.. and my AAS in Web Design. Still have a ton of respect for all military.

When I was at the door of the Bar in Lubbock.. had 6 guys on leave come in.. all HS buddies.. all in Full Dress on leave from the Marines. I lined them up after checking the ID.. they where a bit confused... and starting to get just a bit angry that I was delaying their consumption of some cold beers. All where 21/22 years old. I looked at them all. Told them that I only had 1 thing to say.. That they needed to hear me out and more people needed to tell them.. Thank You. looked at them.. told them Semper Fi. Have a good night..

Old Roommate (Before I moved back to Az) is at Great Lakes now. He is a Diver. Boot is done.. He's in A School now I think? in the end.. He will be in Panama City Fl.

Boot--Great Lakes, IL

"A" School--Pensicola, FL

jamminz.gif

pensocola is nice, I am there now. If they let you bring a car it will be nice to see another comanche around. However, being enlisted and in school I would not bet on it yet. I see a lot of enlisted guys walking everywhere or taking cabs...

I start API in Jan, then on to Primary Flight, Intermediate, and Advanced, Ill be here a bit before I get my wings

Ok...The GOOD

I will have a house off base (Navy Housing Allowance)

My '86 Custon and hopefully the '88 Pioneer will be part of the family then too

Will have my girl with me :D

The BAD....

ALOT of school

Don't know a D@MN place to wheel down there :(

School is only 6 - 8 weeks

SOOO....

I shall pay a few peeps a visit...might run into taz on the way to see family in that area

SOOO....

I shall pay a few peeps a visit...might run into taz on the way to see family in that area

You...and anyone that comes near Orlando, are welcome to contact me. We can meet up somewhere for a beer or dinner etc, etc... :cheers:

I just got discharged from the Navy during boot camp, even though i had a waiver once i got there they Xrayed my foot and saw the pins in it and gave me a RE-4 convenience of government discharge. I was pretty pissed because my recruiter said it would be fine, and i didnt lie about it or anything, did all the right paperwork. I was in as EOD But wasnt in a SEAL division for some reason, had a SWCC and 2 divers in my division with me and we got up early and went to the special ops physical training.

I'm hoping i can get my code changed and join the army special forces.

But good luck! Navy boot camp wasnt very physically hard, more just getting yelled at 24/7.