Dirk's MJ

So, a little back story, I've really wanted a Jeep since I was 10, I have had dreams of finding an old CJ or MJ to fix up, well, it finally happened, I found this old girl on Craigslist, and the timing was perfect. It drives well enough right now, as well as can be expected for a truck of this age. I'm starting with the repairs that will make it a more comfortable daily driver, though someday it will be the trail runner of my dreams.

DSC00938.ARW.jpg

DSC00939.ARW.jpg

Right now it has the 2.8 V6 with a 3 speed automatic in it, certianly less than ideal, after I get back from Iraq I plan on finding someone who can help/teach me to drop in something a little beefier, I'm thinking the 4.0 straight 6, and a 4 speed automatic.

DSC00940.ARW.jpg[/img]

Looks like a nice find, and welcome to the first day of the rest of your life :D

As for swapping in a 4.0, the 86 firewall was not designed for a 4.0 to fit, so you might have to do some customizing with a hammer.

Oh, and beer's in the fridge :cheers:

Thanks for all your welcoming coments, TBH I haven't really done much research on what I should replace the (stolen term) "anemic" 2.8 with, though if there's a straight bolt in replacement available, I'll probably go with that, as the only real experience I have with engines/mechanic work is keeping my ambulance running during my life as a medic. I've done an oil change and a xmission fluid change, and that seems to have helped. apparantly the PO didn't pay too much attention to it, as I ended up replacing about 1.5 qts of oil with the appropriate 4.5 qts, I expect to start finding leaks tommorrow.

As for my Tail lights, from what I can tell, they are stock+spraypaint, just like the rest of the truck.