Anyone run Ubuntu??

jtdesigns

I'm running 8.04 Hardy Heron on my Gateway laptop at home. The latest release is much better than Ubuntu 7. It took me about an hour to get it configured and running with WiFi using WPA-PSK. I'm dual booting with XP still, for those times when I need XP. Overall, I love it. I'm also messing with Ubuntu Server on a test box here at work. I put LAMP on it, and configured a bunch of server stuff to mimic my production web site.

my father in law loves unbutu. I personally don't have the time to play with another operationg system. but he did show it to me and It seems very easy to use and very stable from what he says. I personally have my laptop setup to boot into either xp or vista, thanks to him. I like using xp, a little more stable and a little more control, with less updates needed.

I ran it for awhile on my laptop a year or so ago but didn't have the time to mess with it so went back to xp. I recently downloaded the newest version and couldn't get it to load. I guess the laptop doesn't have what it takes anymore. :redX: I plan to try it again on my desktop I have now once I get new one to replace it. Will probably give Mac a try this time around.

:cheers: