anyone into fishing?

maddzz1

Since I live on a lake here in 'Bama I do a lot of fishing. Ain't no monster rockfish like CW gets though. :D But plenty of bass, crappie, bream, and channel cats. The below is a 8lb 9oz largemount my six year old nephew caught out back a couple of months ago. I had it mounted for him. I've only caught two bigger, a 10/01 and a 9/09. Now that it's finally cooling down a bit, the big boys will be moving soon.........

Image Not Found

Love fishing. I prefer bait fishing vs. fly. Don't know anything about senkos, sounds like some type of lure...? Got any pictures?

They are a type of rubber worm/soft plastic bait. Do a search and some reading on some boards like bassresource.com and I think you will want to try them

The one my buddie caught easily maxed the 50# scale we had on board. :eek: :eek: :eek: It measured 51". Actual weight unknown.

Mine went 46" and 40 something pounds.

We have caught dozend above 40" last year and about a doz so far this year.

CW

Love fishing. I prefer bait fishing vs. fly. Don't know anything about senkos, sounds like some type of lure...? Got any pictures?

They are a type of rubber worm/soft plastic bait. Do a search and some reading on some boards like bassresource.com and I think you will want to try them

I've never tried the senkos but am willing to try. Might be a good change of scenery for my local bass. I seem to have the best results with old school plastic worms, my favorite being the Manns 8" or 9" blackberry jelly worms. Big baits = big fish (unless you're six years old). :cheers:

Last good trip to the Outer Banks. I had a chance to be there right now, but I couldn't get off of work.

obx2005_67.JPG

Me on the left. We caught 2 decent dolphin, 2 decent yellowfin tuna, and one king mackerel. Good time, but not productive enough for the $400 it cost each of us.

I've never tried the senkos but am willing to try. Might be a good change of scenery for my local bass. I seem to have the best results with old school plastic worms, my favorite being the Manns 8" or 9" blackberry jelly worms. Big baits = big fish (unless you're six years old). :cheers:

Give'm a try. You usually fish them weightless with a texas rig on a 3/0 or 4/0 hook. I got some 4" and 5".

I also want to pick up some of them shake2 jigs and try to learn how to fish with them.

Hey Don you ever tried pumpkin tails?? They are a green tinted plastic work with black squares (glitter thats black) and Bass lovvvveeeeee 'em

Look kinda like this>

Zoom%20Curly%20Tail%20Pumpkin%20with%20Chartreuse%20Tail.jpg

Hey Don you ever tried pumpkin tails?? They are a green tinted plastic work with black squares (glitter thats black) and Bass lovvvveeeeee 'em

Look kinda like this>

Zoom%20Curly%20Tail%20Pumpkin%20with%20Chartreuse%20Tail.jpg

when i aint panfishin i bass fish i use a pumkin tail lizards or i use shakey heads. and pan fishin i use the trollin motor and use a jig with a blue tube

Last good trip to the Outer Banks. I had a chance to be there right now, but I couldn't get off of work.

obx2005_67.JPG

Me on the left. We caught 2 decent dolphin, 2 decent yellowfin tuna, and one king mackerel. Good time, but not productive enough for the $400 it cost each of us.

:hmm: I don't see any dolphin's in the picture anyway here is what they look like just in case :brows:

dolphinfish.jpg

Went and got some 3/0 offset hooks to try the senkos today. Caught 3 bass in the first 1/2 hour ( one small and 2 between 1 and 1.5lbs). Then caught another baby one a little later. Not bad for a very overly fished little river type spot; and i was only using the 4" ones. So far the senkos seem to have alot of promise. can't wait to take them out to a real lake.

Man, just got back from fishing out back, and it was a great day. Plenty of large crappie, bass, bream, and landlocked stripers. We DO have fresh fish dinners for the next month or so. Most all were caught while trolling.

I was down at the headwaters of the lake where the feeder stream comes in, and seldom go there because it's so shallow. But now that it's getting cooler, the fish are in there. I'm cruising along getting some nice bream, sucking High Life, when BAM, pole #2 (the one with the 14# testline on) goes immediately taught. Dayen, stuck on a logfish again. Put the trolling motor in reverse, and watch the line, and I ain't getting any closer. Keep following it into deeper water keeping it taught, and thought I must have a big catfish on. I followed it until I was out of the tuliweeds and stumps, then rammed the hook home. Nothing, just more movement into deeper water which I couldn't stop. Still moving though, deeper and deeper. Dreams of a state record something starting. WTF??

To make a long story short, after 30 minutes or so of cranking and being careful not to exceed the drag, whatever I hooked finally starts to rise off the bottom. Got it up to the boat, it's like dead weight now, and the head pops out of the murky water. It's a freaking gigantic alligator snapping turtle. He (or she) was at least two feet across the spiked back and had to weigh in excess of 100#. It was completely spent and glared at me, opened it's mouth, and there was the spinner bait not too far inside. I had some long needle nose pliers, and got the hook out clean with no protest from the snapper. He just glared and kept the huge mouth open and didn't move while I extracted the hook, then lumbered away to fight another day. I'd never seen one of these prehistoric creatures up close and personal, and was very impressed. There are plenty of the smaller common snappers here, and every spring the females lumber out of the water to lay their eggs, but I've never seen an alligator snapper in the lake.

First time I've ever caught a turtle of any kind while trolling (have caught a few catfishing w. stinky bait) and I've been fishing for 30+ years. These guys can live for almost 200 years I've heard, and by the size he/she was at least +100 years old. Alligator snappers have been around since the dinosaurs. A great day!

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I was excited. :cheers:

Yeah, that's him (or her). See that pink appendage in the mouth? They lay on the bottom a swing that thang to attract fish. Hooked it right behind there. Prolly trolled my lure right into the open mouth. WTF are the odds on that? Glad I could release it though w/o getting one of my appendages removed.......... :D

Yeah, that's him . See that pink appendage in the mouth? They lay on the bottom a swing that thang to attract fish(or her). Hooked it right behind there. Prolly trolled my lure right into the open mouth. WTF are the odds on that? Glad I could release it though w/o getting one of my appendages removed.......... :D

Works for me! :eek: :brows:

Holy crap for real though man, that thing would pierce through your knuckle....... OUCH!