Since its always bugged me:(photoshop)

Sir Sam

Being an XJ guy the tailgate setup just pisses me off, when you open it it swings way out into the way, and makes it annoying when your camping and loading things in and out. Having the spare tire sticking way out he back essentially makes the KJ about a foot longer without any added benefits.

My thought was the KJ should have been increased in body length would give the same length for parking, backing up, etc, but give many times more interior room, so much so that you could put the spare inside and still have a net gain of useable storage space.

So I photo shopped it:

sidekj.jpg

backkj.jpg

Also, with that stupid spare out of the way the rear could be a fold down tailgate like a truck, with a flip up glass, and the glass could be increase in size meaning greater VISIBILITY and SAFETY.

Anyways, thats my rambling thoughts.

(oh and before anyone says anything about departure angle please bear in mind this is a relatively quick photoshop to show the general idea, not a production ready photoshop) :D

I don't know how many ppl actually use a libby, but my mom has one and the

first post you were saying how the gate swings out.. Yeah I agree 100% on

that one. My rodeo has a tailgate that swings down just like a pick-up and theres

no telling how many times that has come in handy. Another thing about the

libbies tail gate is how the handle operates... You kinda pull it out half way and it

opens the glass,,, all the way it opens the gate and glass.. sounds nice but a

real PITA if say your loaded up to the top of the gate and you want to put

something on top and you go just to open the glass and you go to far and the

gate pops open making you have to push everything back in and hold it so you

don't drop everything youve loaded... Thats just something that I don't like

about it... Oh yeah and I also don't like the way I feel like I'm riding on top of the

thing when I drive it.. the seats are way to high I think for me, or the windows

are to low one.. and why the he!! did they put the window switches on the

center console???? :nuts: Its not a Benz,,,,,, wait a sec think that was a design

that was put there because benz owned the company?

ok vent over.... :D

Okay time for a hyjack. The 2 door Libbie with the inside spare hit me. The subject is inner wheel wells. Ever wonder how they decide how big they need to be. Pickup trucks seem to be ridiculously oversize. Okay I'll play along. The designers totally flex the axle etc with some oversized tires and say that's it! However, that must have been done before the guy responsible for the spare tire did his job. On a XJ he whacks a dent in the well to fit the full size spare. Now wait I thought the well was at its min size. 'Not my job man'

Just image how much usable cargo space (and rear seat room) cars and trucks would have with appropriately sized wells.

I don't know how many ppl actually use a libby, but my mom has one and the

first post you were saying how the gate swings out.. Yeah I agree 100% on

that one. My rodeo has a tailgate that swings down just like a pick-up and theres

no telling how many times that has come in handy. Another thing about the

libbies tail gate is how the handle operates... You kinda pull it out half way and it

opens the glass,,, all the way it opens the gate and glass.. sounds nice but a

real PITA if say your loaded up to the top of the gate and you want to put

something on top and you go just to open the glass and you go to far and the

gate pops open making you have to push everything back in and hold it so you

don't drop everything youve loaded... Thats just something that I don't like

about it... Oh yeah and I also don't like the way I feel like I'm riding on top of the

thing when I drive it.. the seats are way to high I think for me, or the windows

are to low one.. and why the he!! did they put the window switches on the

center console???? :nuts: Its not a Benz,,,,,, wait a sec think that was a design

that was put there because benz owned the company?

ok vent over.... :D

I had a rodeo too......liked the way the glass and tailgate worked, what pissed me off is that my rodeo had a swing away tire carrier, have to swing it out of the way, then fold the tailgate down.

Though the tailgate was nice for sitting on, cooking when camping, etc.

my sis has one and i agree with everything above. forever i was locking the doors trying to open the window :roll:

My dad has had his CRD for over a year and he still locks the doors when he wants to roll down his window.

At least for him he now has a Mercedes and the KJ, so at least both cars have the switches in the center......but its still a bad place for them.

I had a rodeo too......liked the way the glass and tailgate worked, what pissed me off is that my rodeo had a swing away tire carrier, have to swing it out of the way, then fold the tailgate down.

Though the tailgate was nice for sitting on, cooking when camping, etc.

I know,I've used that tailgate for all kinds of things.. I wonder how well a bench vise would bolt up to it?? lol

BUT,,,,,on the other hand, at least the tire carrier swings out and locks.. The s-10 blazer I drove pretty much my whole life didnt have a lock to keep it fully open and would bang the blazers tail gate every time if you didnt hold it or park on the right side of a hill..