1975 Ford F-250 thoughts

jeep_freek88

So my dad-in-law has a 1975 ford f-250 sitting out in his field he said I can have for free it is complete and has a running 360 engine......here is the catch the front axle is broke so I found A dude that has another complete broken :fool: 1975 ford f-250 in his field and he will sell for like $700 maybe less however it has a blown engine see where I'm going with this................any thoughts ......

I just don't know if I can justify another project.....

Yea, go for it, you got one good one, and one donor (the blown engine one) but it's not worth the $$$ he's asking, you can find a front axle for less.

The only thing bad about the 360 is............it loves to suck up that $4 a gallon juice :cry: but more power than you'll ever need :brows:

Get it. Axles are cheap. Don't buy the one from the other guy, though. Is not worth it unless the body is spactacular and has no rust, or theres something special about it. A 360 is a de-stroked 390. Pull the engine and put in a 390 crank and rods, you now have a 390. TDC on 360's is below deck height. The 360 is still a great engine though. I had one in a '68 F250 that I restored.

The truck that is free is messed up body wise and the axle is hard to find because the axle is discontinued so

I want to buy the truck and put the free trucks engine in it or possibly a 460 that he has laying around but idk gas is not cheep. The truck for sale has disc brakes on the front axle Does anyone know if the 1975 f-250 high-boy came with disc brakes??

:brows:

The pumpkin is split in like 5 pieces it is unrepairable unfortunately, so I figure It is at least worth the engine and transfer case because it has a divorce mount transfer case and a 360 engine. Hopefully the F-250 for sale is a highboy I could put like 36" tires under it jamminz.gif

Well I went to look at the F-250 for sale and It isn't worth much. It's Just a huge rust pile with everything broken on it and missing parts.....Dude said he wanted $750 for the whole truck, but For $750 I could buy a 1974 jeep j10 5sp 258ci 4x4 in running condition that I found for sale buy chance I'm thinking about that now. So Any thought on 1974 jeep j10 4x4 ????? :brows:

Why not just build up your MJ with all of this extra money and time? ;)

Not all of us are so lucky to be in your shoes. :cheers:

I don't want this one to be extreme It will see a lot of road use and mountain trails for hunting. I want another truck to make huge.