this is too good!!!

BREEZE1

That's been around for awhile. Aside from the obvious breakdowns of normal firearm safety on many levels, that guy was a total jerk beyond that.

Problems:

1. Loaded gun in a school -- after saying it was unloaded. He didn't know how to check the chamber

2. Poor trigger discipline. Finger should not have been on the trigger

3. He was supposed to be an undercover DEA agent. I can't think of many ways more effective at blowing your cover than giving a lecture at a public school wearing a tee shirt that identifies you as a DEA agent.

Total maroon.

1. the guy delivers himself as unintelligent and looks like a meathead. i don't think that that is the character someone who's teaching kids about guns should have

2. i don't know about you, but SHOWING kids weapons at school comes across to me as saying it's okay to bring weapons to school. no matter what the man says, he brought a gun into a school, and kids WILL misconstrue that.

3. it does look like he did that intentionally, the deliverance of it seemed planned, but the response of the man who "accidently" pulled the trigger in the aftermath wasn't very well rehearsed if this were the case.

I am of the opinion that he did it intentionally with a blank for the "shock appeal". I would have a hard time believing that he screwed up like that if he is who he says he is.

It's real. Shot himself in the leg too, that's why you see him limping. :rotfl2:

Here's the link to Snopes, it's definitely true. http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/gunsafety.asp

Special Agent Lee Paige of the DEA learned his lesson firsthand while giving a lecture about the dangers of firearms.

" As a lesson in gun safety, it could not be bettered. While delivering his message, Special Agent Lee Paige shot himself in the leg as children watched in disbelief.

Now, since it happened in America - and since the bullet miraculously missed the femoral artery - there is to be the inevitable sequel. Mr Paige, 45, is suing his employer, the Drug Enforcement Administration, for leaking footage of the incident.

He claims that the agency is liable for "mental anguish, loss of reputation, embarrassment, humiliation and anxiety" because a videotape of his "accidental discharge" has gained a global audience on the internet."

His career has allegedly suffered - after 347,000 hits on Google, undercover work is no longer an option - and he says he has been ridiculed in public. He is not demanding payment for the damage to his leg.

It had all seemed to be going so well when an amateur cameraman started to record Mr Paige's talk, in April 2004, at the Orlando Youth Minority Golf Association in Florida. Mr Paige's son and daughter were in the front row.

Holding a Glock .40 pistol in the air, he told the children: "I am the only one here professional enough to handle this weapon."

Then there was a bang and he shot himself in the thigh. Only another round in his pocket stopped the bullet doing lethal damage. With admirable stoicism, Mr Paige continued his talk, although his previous confident swagger was replaced by a limp.

"Guys," he told the children, once the shot had stopped echoing, "never play with guns."

Guns are dangerous in anyone's hands. And here's proof. A note of warning: This video isn't really shocking (no gore or anything like that), but it does show a gun going off in a room filled with people, including a few children.

I am of the opinion that he did it intentionally with a blank for the "shock appeal". I would have a hard time believing that he screwed up like that if he is who he says he is.

If the man did that he is even a bigger poopshoot than Eagle describes.

If you guys don't know it, I am also a firearms instructor. I have been one for almost twenty years. I have trained at levels up to my state police and most local municipality, not to mention civilians.

A HUGE NO-NO is to CREATE such a situation.

CW

Oh, no ... he actually shot himself through the foot. It has been well documented. He was subsequently disciplined by the DEA and transferred out of undercover work (since he blew his cover sky high), and then he sued the agency for intentionally trying to embarrass him. I haven't heard how (or if) the lawsuit was settled.

CW perhaps knows more about Glock "fowtays" than I do, but it would appear that Agent "I am the only one in this room professional enough ..." messed up the clearing sequence. To clear a semi-automatic handgun, you have to drop the magazine out of the pistol, then you pull the slide back to eject the cartridge (the "round") that's in the chamber. Some people go into a mental reversal. They pull the slide back, eject the round, look inside and see an empty chamber, and then let the slide close.

And THEN they drop the magazine.

Oops.

There was a much more serious case about the same time in which a veteran, highly experienced police firearms instructor did the same thing before teaching a class. Except that instead of shooting himself in the foot, he pointed the gun at a student (after all, it was empty) and pulled the trigger. The student was killed.

Guns are lethal, and you cannot lose sight of that for a second. There are rules for firearms safety. If ALL the rules are followed, there is sufficient overlap that probably a momentary lapse with one won't have fatal consequences. But it's best to not have the lapse.

There was a much more serious case about the same time in which a veteran, highly experienced police firearms instructor did the same thing before teaching a class. Except that instead of shooting himself in the foot, he pointed the gun at a student (after all, it was empty) and pulled the trigger. The student was killed.

How did this moron become an instructor? Hopefully he is locked away where he is no longer a threat to anybody. He violated the first two golden rules of firearms - which are the first things an instructor should teach.

1. All guns are always loaded.

2. Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to shoot.

3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you are ready to shoot - indexing.

4. Be sure of your target - what is behind and beyond.

Willy

even if it was a blank. when you shoot a blank at someone your suposed to be about 10 feet away if not more and your never suposed to point it directly at the person due to the fact that you can still injure someone pretty good with a blank

I would have been madder than hell if my kids were in there. I don’t care if his kids were in the front roll or not. That fool should have had the slide pulled back and a big zip tie going through it. I’m no gun professional, I’ve never taken any gun safety classes but I have common scenes. He is a dumb @$$ and to think he is trying to sue over this tape being released reassures me that he is a dumb @$$. IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GET EMBARRASSED, DON’T SHOOT YOUR SELF!!!! :nuts:

The term is affectionately known as an "AD". Which is short for "Accidental Discharge" and they happen ALL the time. We must not forget they are accidents, BUT as reson46 already showed us, if you follow the golden rule of gun handling. A GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED, and know and apply the fundamentals of gun safety,

1. Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.

2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

3. Know your target and whats behind it.

It will remain a MISTAKE and not become a statistical tragedy.

CW

My dad is a gun instructor also andshoots in comp. all over the world. I my self have shot in comp since i was 6yo and like yall said a gun is always loaded. but it falls back to this "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPED". as far as sueing some one he should sue him self for being stupid. My dad took me out when i was 5 and hung a galion milk jug full of water and red dye and shot it from 150 yards with a .223 and said that is what can happen to you or any thing you point at so don't point guns at any thing or anyone you don't wanna shoot and wi will always rember that. and when my son is old enough i will show and tell the same thing. ill stop ranting now. jamminz.gif