Buying Lugnuts

Anyone out there versed in doing this? I am still running the stock Jeep ones with the stainless steel caps on them but would like to upgrade to an ALL STAINLESS steel Lugnut for both of my trucks. I have seen far too many of the stock Jeep ones round off after they have been put on with an impact wrench by a tire shop and I don't ever want it to happen to me again...

Anyone know of any places that I can buy SOLID stainless lugnuts, not ones with just stainless caps on them?

most lugnuts have the caps on them, or are open ended which is worse than having messed up caps because you can get them off, but you can't (normally) get rusted open ended lugs off without a broken wheelstud

just go to advance, ask for a lugnut to get the thread size and pitch (or take one of yours), then ask them to look through the boxes till they find the same type that is solid instead of capped. There will also probably be sets of them out on the sales floor.

I know they sell them, I just don't have the PN off hand.

I like the Gorilla external spline locking lug nuts. Don't know the material ... not sure if its stainless or not, but they look really sharp. I bought mine at Quadratec. Noticed at the PA Jeeps Show that they now have all-lugs (as opposed to just 5 locks) external spline in BLACK (oowww.. .fancy).

- Ben @ Loco4WD.com

My personal opinion, but locking lug nuts are a huge waste of time and money unless you live in an area where wheels are a VERY common theft item :roll: . Anyone that truly intends to get your wheels will not be detered by lug nuts...they will only keep a normally good person honest :cheers: .