So I Just Bought a Lift

Haha And I Have Some Questions

Intro: Its a Rustys offroad, Lift Kit 3"s Leaf Spring, Coils , Shocks ect.

I Just Bought some Truxs MT's 31x12.5x15 And mounted them On some Newly bought Aluminum Rims :roll:

So Lets Start With Some Questions.

Will my Stock Break Lines Be ok.

It Comes With a Brake Extension Witch Is Like a Clip Or something....

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RB-BL10-UV&Category_Code=BRAKES

I Mean it comes with a Full instruction Manual so i hopefully will be ok....

Yes i know my tires are wide and Will rub. I'm Going to put a washer On my Bolt Behind the Hubs make sense? hahaha

I'm Going to put a washer On my Bolt Behind the Hubs make sense? hahaha
Hopefully you mean that you are going to shim the steering stops and you are not trying to space the wheels out with washers... :eek: :cheers:

I know two people personally that have Rusty's kits and they both would tell you very quickly to send it back and buy a good kit. Rusty's stuff does not have a good track record. :chillin:

31x12.50 is a wide tire and you will have some rubbing, but it shouldn't be bad if you are not doing any real serious offroading. ;)

I Just Bought some Truxs MT's 31x12.5x15

The TrXus MT was never available in that size. The widest it was ever available in is a 10.5" in the 31" flavor.

Yep...I didn't even pay attention to the type of tire he said. I run the same tire (31x10.50 TrXus MT) with my 3.5" RE lift and have no problems with them on wheels using a 3.75" backspace.

I'm Going to put a washer On my Bolt Behind the Hubs make sense?

No, that's not a good idea, I understand why you want to do this, but one of the reasons the axle "Hub" fits into the wheel rim is for added support, if your rim is out past the hub, then your resting all the vehicles weight on just the 5 studs. One of the reasons that people don't use wheel spacers.

And mounted them On some Newly bought Aluminum Rims

Those rims are the Jeep 5 star, which I believe is 5 inch back set.

Oh.......And.......

:needpics:

:D

I'm running the same rims, with 235/75R15's and the fronts rub on the LCA on a hard turn, right and left.

I'm Going to put a washer On my Bolt Behind the Hubs make sense?

No, that's not a good idea, I understand why you want to do this, but one of the reasons the axle "Hub" fits into the wheel rim is for added support, if your rim is out past the hub, then your resting all the vehicles weight on just the 5 studs. One of the reasons that people don't use wheel spacers.

And mounted them On some Newly bought Aluminum Rims

Also, aluminum rims suck up more threads on your wheel studs, and combined with the spacer washers you are talking about using, your studs will be too short for adequate thread engagement. Plus no hub support. Recipe for disaster mate. :eek: :eek:

Holey Smokes sorry i went to bed early last night.

I Know Rustys has a bad track record. But My friends Talked me into it because of the trucks they own (6 0r 7) are all lifted with rustys and they sit and ride just fine even after 2 years :)

So i can't Yell at a product Ive never tried. And you inow what my experience may be totally diffrent then every one else.

Yes that was my mistake on the tires aswell ( tired...)

Yes i do mean the steering stops I did it to my XJ a While Back.

The main purpose was to see If The Stock Brake lines will work.

I will see If the lift Does what i want ect. Until Then I'm not going to judge jamminz.gif

I Said Behind the Damned HUb not On It so There :)
:laughin: Looks like we all misunderstood that one. Shimming the stops is a commonly done thing and should cause no problem other than losing turning radius. ;)