Craiglist Help.......

WahooSteeler

Use this string in your google search.

"comanche" site:craigslist.org

Whatever word you put in the quotations is what it will search for. That's how I found my $150 rebuilt engine by putting "4.0" in the quotations. :brows:

:cheers:

mfpdm, thanks for the quick reply, but does that give me a nationwide search regardless of what "city" i originate the search out of?

when i search out of the "help/searches" page, it defaults to san francisco. is that normal?

mfpdm, thanks for the quick reply, but does that give me a nationwide search regardless of what "city" i originate the search out of?

when i search out of the "help/searches" page, it defaults to san francisco. is that normal?

"comanche" site:craigslist.org gives you all cities... BUT doesn't seem to sort by date all that well (but not sure if there is an option for age)...

don't have firefox..........

wade, where do i type in what you are saying? in the address bar or in the search keyword window?

i.e., if i am looking for 17" bmw wheels, do i put ("17 bmw wheels" site) w/out the parentheses of course.

sorry to make this so difficult

wade, where do i type in what you are saying? in the address bar or in the search keyword window?

i.e., if i am looking for 17" bmw wheels, do i put ("17 bmw wheels" site) w/out the parentheses of course.

sorry to make this so difficult

75894658xu6.jpg

Well, go get it. :D mozilla.com

I won't ever go back to IE.

Then go to the add-ons page and get "adblock plus", "map+", and I like "forecastfox" too. I think the spellchecker is built right into firefox now so no need to hunt down that particular add-on.

And crazedlist.org is downright addictive. I can search all the major cities within normal driving distance and after you've set up your search and are happy with it, you can save that page as a bookmark and come back to it at any time.

One note of caution, put your cookie setting on either "accept all" or "deny all" before using crazedlist and searching nation-wide. I usually leave my settings to "approve each individually" and made the mistake of leaving that on when I did a nationwide search. I had to OK like a hundred individual cookies. :( Lesson learned.

Wizzade, I tried that and it didn't seem to work, I'll try again.

Adam, funny you responded because I was thinking of asking if you had any or knew of any. That said, just sold the OE 16" off my '03 525, looking for some 17s real quick, tires or no tires doesn't matter depending on price. Would consider 18s but would prefer 17s to keep tire expense down. Don't forget, e39's have the odd 74.1mm hub bore. There are some M6 reps I can get, but want to see other options. OE Style 42s and Style 19s are options. ADR or ASA's are nice. Generally, I am looking for a silver (NOT chrome) 5 spoke or web-designe (i.e. BBS's), in 17x?, needs no less than @15mm offset and no more than 25mm, 20 is perfect. Tires need to be 235/45 or 245/45s, or 245/40s if on 18s. I don't want to rush but I don't want to lose my buyer if he has to wait too long for me to get my replacements. Thanks for any help. :D

Yep what they all said. You just throw that string in the search window. It doesn't sort them very well but it will bring up the most recent first. It also works great to find the misspelled versions. You know "commanche" and "comanchee" . I personnally like this way better than crazedlist.

:cheers:

Wizzade, I tried that and it didn't seem to work, I'll try again. D

I just copied and pasted this exactly from my Google Search Box

"17" BMW Wheels" site:craigslist.org

And got 1880 Results in both IE and Firefox (which you really should look at)

Wade