Any one here put header on their 4.0l?

For headers to do what they were designed for, each pipe has to be the same length. That's why they usually end up looking like a pretzel.

The one shown in the picture will be no better than a stock manifold, other than it probably radiates more hot air into the engine bay.

well if i purchase something like this I'm gonna get macco(local bodyparts shop) to do it. they charge 170 to run dual exaust with flomasters, with come with nice tips(i forget what they are). I'm sure they will throw that on for a few more dollars.

See I was going to put those on my MJ but I was told otherwise. Not much to really back up the comments of otherwise, but I was going to hold off and run the hedman or the banks headers on mine. But pretty pricey there, but I hear the rugged ridge are a good setup for like $300. My thing is if your going to do it do it right the first time.

I have a BANKS with a hi-flo cat and MagnaFlo cat back on mt TJ. BIG seat of the pants difference. But I also have a larger TB and a spacer.

Sounds nice, deep rumble at idle and mello tone while crusing with a great growl in the upper RPM's.

CW

any suggestions? the pacesetters are in my price range. :???:

Hi, I installed a pacesetter way back in 88, ever since the stock one cracked, no recall at that time. Has lasted 20 yrs. I just removed it for some rust removal and some new paint (por 15 Hi-temp). The one you pictured no better than stock or worst.

Should be good for another 20 yrs. Paid $129 back in 88.

Image Not Found