International buys Jeep?

jeepdoggydogB

Actually FIAT is buying Jeep. Gods honest truth. They were given a 35% stake in Chrysler in order for Chrysler to be able to sell small fuel efficient cars in the US. They are looking at getting another 20% soon, probably from Daimler who still holds 20%. If you don't beleive me , look it up.

Actually FIAT is buying Jeep. Gods honest truth. They were given a 35% stake in Chrysler in order for Chrysler to be able to sell small fuel efficient cars in the US. They are looking at getting another 20% soon, probably from Daimler who still holds 20%. If you don't beleive me , look it up.

Yep...that was announced about what...2 months ago or something like that. :thumbsup:

This thread is just about some kind of joke being played is all...

Fiat is not buying Jeep. Fiat and Chrysler have a partnership. The main reason for the partnership is just for Fiat to get some of their cars over here.

Cerberus has stated many times that they will not split up the company. If someone were to buy Jeep, they would have to buy chrysler and Dodge too.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/20/brea ... rtnership/

Fiat is not buying Jeep. Fiat and Chrysler have a partnership. The main reason for the partnership is just for Fiat to get some of their cars over here.

Yeah. Just like Renault did not buy American Motors. AMC's purpose in "partnering" with Renault was to get some smaller, more economical cars in the showroom, too, while Renault's motive was to get access to an established dealer network. And the cars were junk. Which is why Renault had never been able to sell them, and which was why AMC was not able to sell them.

Now here we are, 30 years later, watching an instant replay. "Partnership." Riiiiiight ...

Not everyone is a member there. Go ahead and post the pictures.
Its odd, I am a member but I can't access those pictures anylonger. An yes JP is a rag but I do have a little while longer on the subscription. Pewe's (former JP editor) 4 wheel drive is a much better magazine.

Not everyone is a member there. Go ahead and post the pictures.
Its odd, I am a member but I can't access those pictures anylonger. An yes JP is a rag but I do have a little while longer on the subscription. Pewe's (former JP editor) 4 wheel drive is a much better magazine.

I just know it aggravates people when they have to sign up for websites to see something. :D

A few months ago Daimler declared that their Chrysler stock had zero value and walked away.