4.0 HO? NEED KNOWLEGE ASAP!

I may have a chance to reach that damn jeep itch! Got a 91 comanche near me for sale. And I'm just wondering if by 91 they all had the 4.0 HO or were some still running the renix. Its a 5spd so same type of question regarding the trans, ax5 or 15 in these. And finally the rear was it a 44? I know how to I.d. an ax-15 and dana 44 but I'm just wanting to know the history to see if its original and have a heads up before walking in. Thank you ahead of time for all the replies!

I believe 100% of 91s and on were HOs, trans would be ax15 (ax4/5 was never available behind the 4.0) Rear axle will almost certainly be the good ole D35. The VIN # is the best way to determine what is original and what is not, however i am pretty certain you cannot ascertain whether or not the axle is original simply by using the VIN. 

:agree: 91s are few and far between, and mostly free of electrical issues and little niggling problems. If it's a 4.0 then it has an AX-15, if it's a 2.5 then it has the AX-5. 99% chance of it having an open D35 in the rear.

All '91 Comanches were running Mopar electronics. Not for no reason are the 91s and 92s (there are very few differences between 91 and 92) considered the best years. They seem to be beginning to go up in value, also.