Upper Radiator Hose Support Bracket?

According to the factory parts manuals, all 87-96 XJ/MJ vehicles have a upper radiator support hose on models with the 4.0 engine and w. factory A/C. It's part number is 83505291. My rig does not have one. I found an image of one below. Can anyone tell me if they have one installed and how does it mount? Looks like a clip on one end and a bolt/nut on the other.  Gracias amigos.   :hmm:

Me either mvusse. Looks like it won't fit the Sanden compressor I have anyhow. According to everything I've found, the Sanden 709 A/C compressors were not used on Jeep 4.0 applications until 1997. They mount with vertical bolts. Anyhow, the upper hose support bracket is a good idea as my hose is showing some rub marks; I'll just fab one out of aluminum bar stock and coat it with Plasti Dip.

Both my 89 XJ and 88 MJ have the bracket. Maybe just the Renix engines had this.

The parts manuals say it was used up to the 1999 XJs. I'm thoroughly confused now........

And I hate when this happens...........

Yep, I'm thinking my A/C system isn't factory. I bought it from the original owner, so maybe it was dealer installed when he bought it, also called "American" A/C. The 91 parts manual shows the same compressor as Mike's (fiatslug87) posted images for factory A/C.  :hmm:

Well, always good to learn something. A/C still works well, still using the original R12. Just have to give it a jolt every other year or so.

Yep, I'm thinking my A/C system isn't factory. I bought it from the original owner, so maybe it was dealer installed when he bought it, also called "American" A/C. The 91 parts manual shows the same compressor as Mike's (fiatslug87) posted images for factory A/C.  :hmm:

Well, always good to learn something. A/C still works well, still using the original R12. Just have to give it a jolt every other year or so.

I'll bet that's the reason. Dealer installed AC.