Rockauto Radiator Replacement Options

My 88' 4X4, 4.0L Auto w/Air may need a new radiator. There's just a ton of rust built up from using Indiana well water to top off the system years ago :doh: and yeah now I'm buying distilled water. I still may pull it and see if a shop can check it out...but I think it could be easy to test it myself.

Looking for some replacement options, live in AZ so 115 F is a normal day in the summer.

The ones listed on RockAuto all seem to be around $100, and either specify 1 row or don't specify. Anyone here have any success with buying a 2 or 3 row from there?

Plastic vs Metal - pro's /con's

2 row vs 3 row advantages.

Any insights or leads would be appreciated - thanks!

Looks like they are all going to be the same type from rock auto, so you can just buy the lowest cost unit.

now there are better units "ie all metal" on ebay they have units to fit i have included a link to a All Aluminum unit for $100. but they also hav copper/brass units. if you want a 2 or 3 row unit you will need to spend 175-200   .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Row-w-o-EOC-w-TOC-Performance-Racing-All-Aluminum-Radiator-For-4-0-L6-GAS-/290782201989?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1988|Make%3AJeep|Model%3AComanche&hash=item43b3f84885&vxp=mtr

I bought a Vista Pro from Rock Auto last month and it's already leaking around the top crimp. If you have a radiator shop in your area i'd see how much they would charge to rebuild your stock one.

Yeah that's not a good thing, sorry to hear that. I'm going to pull mine out while the truck is still getting it's make over and call a shop..see what they can do and for how much. There's a good one in near Sky Harbor in Phoenix, it's just that they're not that close to where i'm at.

Looks like they are all going to be the same type from rock auto, so you can just buy the lowest cost unit.

now there are better units "ie all metal" on ebay they have units to fit i have included a link to a All Aluminum unit for $100. but they also hav copper/brass units. if you want a 2 or 3 row unit you will need to spend 175-200   .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Row-w-o-EOC-w-TOC-Performance-Racing-All-Aluminum-Radiator-For-4-0-L6-GAS-/290782201989?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1988|Make%3AJeep|Model%3AComanche&hash=item43b3f84885&vxp=mtr

If that doesn't pan out, I'll start shopping for a new one. Would lean toward all metal, Aluminum or maybe brass/copper. For Arizona, having a little extra capacity would be desirable which was why I was asking about a 2 or 3 row. I think a single row would be ok if it's brandy spanking new.

thanks for the info!

I have shoved in three different Spectra Premium radiators in some Jeeps. Plastic tanks, aluminum single core, and they have never leaked in about three years of service. They are a budget aluminum radiator at roughly $80.