What to use to replace the floor pans?

So what are you guys doing for replacement floor pans? Are you ordering replacements or making you own? Mine are shot and need to be done but I want to do it the easiest and most economical way. Appears that the premade ones are about $63 each, assuming that I need the short one.

Thanks

Good old regular sheet steel cut and bent to lots of shapes and a welder to sew it all together.

n6603948_30567105_6475.jpg

n6603948_30567177_8460.jpg

I've got more pics at home on my laptop if you want to see more, I'd have to get them on the web. It takes lots of time but its time well spent in my opinion...

You might notice the bulge by my t-case. That is to clear the clocking issues I had with running a higher clocked Wrangler AX-15. Less of a need for a t-case skid plate...

The drivers side floor was completely gone on my '88. I found that some of the steel patch panels in the hardware aisle at Lowe's were the perfect width to fit in there. Lowe's offers (or did at the time) two thicknesses of panels. I think it was 24 ga and 20 ga. I chose the heavier. Harder to bend, but easier to weld. I was blessed that the father of one of my friends in NAXJA is a professional welder, and in compensation for some help and parts I had given his son he welded the panels in for free.

Still good several years later, but the leak is still there and I have to be sure to dry off the floor after a rain. Sure would be nive to be able to put a carpet in, but not until I find the leak.

I just did my floors last week. I caught them before they got too bad and cut out the areas where it had gone all the way through. Then I ground down all of the rust and coated the entire floor in POR-15. At that point I formed some tin paneling into the shape of the floor and pop riveted it into place with a layer of caulk underneath to seal.

It looked so good I decided not to put the rubber back in. I coated everything in rattlecan bedliner and now my truck is heavy metal as hell jamminz.gif

I can grab some pictures if you like, but I forgot to get some during the process. $30 POR + $15 sheet metal + $15 bed liner = $60 total cost.

My DS floor was really bad, so I made a new one out of 1/4" diamond plate.

Image Not Found

However where it wasn't too bad I made a patch panel from sheetmetal, with tec screws and silicone.

Image Not Found

Then I topped it all off with some bedliner.

Image Not Found

Hope this helps,

Matt