The MJ makes JP Magazine’s 200K mileage buying guide!

robfg67

There will be an article coming out in JRations Magazine soon, that I helped one of the writers do, about the fuel injector swap. Many of us on here have done it long ago, but I got the hook-up with a good guy at Precision Auto Injectors and he now offers a 10% discount if you buy through his site (not eBay) and use ' JEEP ' as the discount code at checkout.

Wow, $126 is a big price tag for injectors. My 4.0 engine was rebuilt 10 years ago, has 90K miles, and the injectors are not leaking.

Would I realize any fuel saving benefit to justify this expense?

Also, any feedback on the JP article? I know they are heavily biased toward Jeep, but an MJ mention is pretty cool.

I am at work, so I can't take time to read the article right now.

I got a 14% increase in fuel mileage on my truck along with smoother idle and faster acceleration.

$126 is cheap for a full set of injectors...especially when you consider that the new ones run at about $95 each.

I am at work, so I can't take time to read the article right now.

I got a 14% increase in fuel mileage on my truck along with smoother idle and faster acceleration.

$126 is cheap for a full set of injectors...especially when you consider that the new ones run at about $95 each.

Yeah, I thought the price was extremely reasonable.

There will be an article coming out in JRations Magazine soon, that I helped one of the writers do, about the fuel injector swap. Many of us on here have done it long ago, but I got the hook-up with a good guy at Precision Auto Injectors and he now offers a 10% discount if you buy through his site (not eBay) and use ' JEEP ' as the discount code at checkout.
Hey Brent... if you get a chance to talk to your Hook-up on these things, ask about Injectors for the newer Wrangler 4.0L (1999+)... I emailed him, but never got a reply... Didn't know if there was something on there that would work and he just didn't have hte descriptions correct... He has the newer (96-02) 2.5L set and 96-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer 4.0L, but nothing listed for a 99 4.0L.

Thanks,

Wade

i got injectors from 5-0 motorsports, don't remember the price but it was a good chunk of change.

you won't feel anything seat of the pants so don't expect it

mine were puking fuel out 2/6 at the same time so i just did all 6

Wade...I'll see if I can get in touch with him. He had to move back to NY because of some family issues so he is no longer here in Orlando. The reason that you don't see them on the site is that he was having trouble getting cores to build. The '99 - '04 use a different injector that is slimmer and uses a different connector than the previous years.

robfg67 - Interesting article, but as usual with JP, I don't agree with a fair amount of it. I stopped getting JP magazine a long time ago when it changed ownership as the new owners just don't see to know the @$$ from a hole in the ground to be straight up about it. ;)