Sagging Door Problem

My drivers door is sagging BAD. Short of cutting and re welding the hinges is there a way to replace the hinge pins? Are they even available? The welds on the hinges are in Good shape and I don't want to invite new problems by fixing and old one.

Thanks I tried the pin route just now, Realized I had a set of 93XJ doors that still had some of the hinges attached. Didn't quite get it al the way there, so I did the jack method right after and now the drivers door at least matches the passenger. Not quite perfect gaps all the way around but at least I won't get wet in the rain anymore!

Thanks again guys!

There is a hinge reinforcement kit that is sold by MOPAR - costs about 38.00 per door and consists of a rounded steel insert that goes inside the body frame (behind the hinge), a flat steel plate that goes on the outside (over the hinge), and flat head torx bolts to hold it all together. The instructions talk about checking whether the hinge is over 1/2 way seperated from the frame, but I've done this lots of times with all sorts of gaps without a problem.

BUT - if you go this route you need to partially remove the header and loosen the fender so that you can access two of the existing hinge torx bolts directly...DO NOT try to loosen them from an angle as the heads will strip. Believe me, :headpop: it is easier to loosen the fender for this fix then to drill out the stripped bolts.

MOPAR part number 05083060AA (same for left and right).

Yeah -- that is it but you do not need the fancy riveter they talk about - just drill the holes where the plate indicates but slightly smaller then the wafer bolt, then tap it and insert two more wafer bolts.

it is listed for 1992 to 1997 but works fine on my 1987.... :brows: