Lets talk long arms

OK so my MJ is getting closer to being done. At least now it is running after an all week battle finding the correct alternator. Then in the middle of that I noticed the water pump was leaking so I took care of that.

Anyways, one thing I am looking at doing in the not so distant future is long arms. I have had Rock Krawler's set up on my XJ and they worked very well. I did some searching and about the only solid info I found was that people ran into issues with the TnT set up.

So does anyone have some good info on how well Clayton's or Rock Krawler mate up to the MJ?

• 2 weeks later...

We've sold several sets of the RK longarms to the MJ guys. We actually include them in our hybrid 6.5" lift kit. Only thing you have to watch out for it what tranny combo you have. The RK brackets are all the same as well as the length of the arms. The location of your factory tranny crossmember will determine if you can use them or not.

With the AW4 your fine, it's the manuals you have to worry about.

Yeah Adam and I figured it out when I bought the RK set up for the turd. Basically the puke goat uses the front set of holes in the frame, where the RK kit uses where the front two holes for drill through mounts.

I planned on swapping transmisions anyway, but if you didnt I think building a mounting plate to sit on top of the x-memeber at the back holes and drilled to support them at the front holes would be very doable.

Ok so I have a manual Tranny, so I should steer clear of the RK long arms right?

Not necessarily. It depends on what holes the factory used to mount your crossmember. Best option is to give us a call and we'll tell you where to measure and if it will work on not.

If they don't' work; we've had customer's move their factory crossmembers back to the rear holes and simply make a extended mount to hold the tranny mount (about 3" long) out of flat bar stock without issues. It's really quite easy to do.

Like I said, give us a call and have your Jeep and a tape measure ready and we'll walk you threw where to measure.

Well I am thinking of going with a Clayton's style set up. I will most likely build it from scratch but it will be a very similar design. Just seems there is not a lot of people out there who have run LAs on an MJ.

• 3 weeks later...