2 Door related questions

#1) how do you access the hollow space here to fish out the wires for the door dome light switch (wires apparantly inside, and I bought a new switch)

img00173fu3.jpg

#2) How do you pop off the interior door handle/lock plate thing? I bought the new plastic door liners from TeamCherokee and have to get that handle unit off to make it fit nicely. I have the rest of the panel off but can't seem to pop that off and I don't' want to break the thing.

Thanks

Sw2

Should be the 5 screws, then the two linkages, one for the lock and one for the handle.

Yah, the Linkages, how the heck do I get those off without busting stuff...

Squeeze the bottom of the yellowish fastener with some needlenose, then you should be able to push it through.

And for your first question, did you remove the old switch? Or was it just not there?

I'd imagine for replacing that thing you'd have the wires through that hole alread from when you pulled the old one out, but since that's not the case, I'd think you can get at those wires if you removed the kick panel.

Should be the 5 screws, then the two linkages, one for the lock and one for the handle.

Yah, the Linkages, how the heck do I get those off without busting stuff...

Squeeze the bottom of the yellowish fastener with some needlenose, then you should be able to push it through.

And for your first question, did you remove the old switch? Or was it just not there?

I'd imagine for replacing that thing you'd have the wires through that hole alread from when you pulled the old one out, but since that's not the case, I'd think you can get at those wires if you removed the kick panel.

thanks, got the handle off finally... figure the clamp thing out...

As far as the wires, when I originally pulled the old one out, one wire was busted and didn't come out of the opening and then I stupidly jammed the other one in the hole not thinking I'd want to eventually fix it. I have the whole kick panel off on my other MJ and there is no access to that area that I can see.

SW2

** EDIT *** I was able to access thru the rubber tube that the speaker wire goes through...just working on fishing them from the bigger hole up thru the smaller one that the switch screws into...

WooHoo... got the Switch working my and dome likes work when I open my doors now (at least when they are facing in the downward position)... to bad i busted the clip on my driver side light messing with the cable and it won't stay in now, and I just sent off my extra one (and both the lights from my new 87 have busted clips too... maybe time to do one of the replacements that people have done around here...

Thanks for the help... I need to pick up some double sided tape to stick that door panel thing on and hook the handle and stuff back up, but that's going to have to wait till tomorrow...also replaced my Door Catch and found the old one in about 5 pieces rattling around inside my door.

Then I get to start on the passenger side.weeee

i never remove the interior door handle when i take door panels off. all you gotta do is unscrew it all, get the door panel loose, lift it off of the rubber strip on top, pull back, then twist and slide the door handle right through (it's not as complicated as it sounds)

as far as the wiring, you could have just popped the rubber for that connector out and fished it back into the cab.

i never remove the interior door handle when i take door panels off. all you gotta do is unscrew it all, get the door panel loose, lift it off of the rubber strip on top, pull back, then twist and slide the door handle right through (it's not as complicated as it sounds)

as far as the wiring, you could have just popped the rubber for that connector out and fished it back into the cab.

The only reason I wanted the handle off was so I could stick these things on...I tried to pull the handle through the opening and wtihout cutting, it wasn't going to work...

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/Detailed/1948.html

4374-8496doorinsul.JPG

Wade if you want a set of the lights that are behind your head on the side. I have a set you can have. They werent working so i replaced them with the lights in taz's thread. It may just be the bulb tho. :dunno:

How much was the shipping on the panels? I plan to order a set too.

The only reason I wanted the handle off was so I could stick these things on...I tried to pull the handle through the opening and wtihout cutting, it wasn't going to work...

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/Detailed/1948.html

4374-8496doorinsul.JPG

sure it will. pop the handle bezel off and slide the main handle part through it :D