The parents' new house...(my free vacation destination :-)

Pete M

Georgia certainly has an interesting mix of people. Those that have lived there their whole lives, and those that have lived there under 5 or 10 years.

Ditto on the BBQ. :D

Georgia rules. Ive been here for almost 20 years and love it. I'm in the Marietta/Kennesaw/Acworth area on the NW side. I'm actually looking for a new house also. But on this side of town. My parents have 2 acres over here with a huge 2-car seperate garage. I'm hoping they will move to a smaller place and let me buy their land.

Not to familiar with Loganville, but stay outside the city of ATL and your fine. I only wander in there for Braves games and concerts, then I'm out.

OK...so that would be between 2-3 hours SE of where we are looking at.

Blue Ridge is not dry, but just up the road in the next county is. We have vacationed there 3 times in the last two years now and we are going back again in October. The last time we were there, we went to Tellico (only 40 minutes away :D ) and on the way back I tried to get beer at a gas station about 5 miles North of Blue Ridge, but no...dry county :roll: .

Dry, as in NO ALCOHOL ANYWHERE, ANYTIME? This is the Year 2008, Right, Not the 1920's (and early 30's)...

WOW, that just boggles the mind... Where I grew up (Lincoln, Nebraska), you couldn't buy alcohol in the city limits on Sunday, although I'm not sure if that rule still applies, but I can't imagine an whole county where you can buy a beer...

sw2

Come down South.. there are lots of counties like that.... Thats why you will got moonshiners :yes: There are some states where you can't buy beer in a 7-11 :huh???: You have to go to a pub/bar or a laundrymat (correct me if I am wrong PA guys).

Heck when I grew up in New York, they had a Blue law... Only thing allowed to be open on a sunday was a grocery store,Phamacy, and a gas station... nothing else... which meant no family outings on sunday to go shopping :eek:

We cannot buy any alcohol here in Connecticut on Sundays.

Not really a big deal as long as you have an extra fridge as we do! jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif

BE PREPAIRED and keep that thing stocked!! You never know when you may run into a fellow C.C. member!!! :cheers: :cheers:

CW

Yep...I grew up in PA and you are right...you cannot buy beer or liquor in a regular store of any kind. You can get it in some restaurants, but typically you have to go to "Beer Distributor" or a Liquor Store.

Dry is just a minor inconvenience though and nothing big enough to keep me from living in such a beautiful place as the Blue Ridge Mountains.

It doesnt bother me any... Might have fewer DUI related deaths and crashes if they did that in more places. I can't tell you how many DUI check points have been up in my area lately... and it always seems to have 1 or 2 cars over to the side and ppl taking the tests. Just imagine how many are out there and don't get caught :eek:

It doesnt bother me any... Might have fewer DUI related deaths and crashes if they did that in more places. I can't tell you how many DUI check points have been up in my area lately... and it always seems to have 1 or 2 cars over to the side and ppl taking the tests. Just imagine how many are out there and don't get caught :eek:

Actually it's just the opposite. A couple of towns in the county went wet a few years ago, and according to their local police accidents and deaths related to DUI decreased. This is because in the dry sections sometimes the good old boys who haven't planned well run out of beer and have to drive sometimes 20-30 miles to refill and they're already hammered. We vote every three years for wet/dry, and two years ago the wet folks, of which I am a part, lost by 18 lousy votes. I think next year we'll be wet. :cheers: