Project Yin/Yang (aka SuperDub Duece Duece) - RETIRED

Since my first MJ is White and this one is Black, the Sequel (Duece Duece) is being dubbed the Yin/Yang... get it (I'm so clever)...

50048yinyangpostersgn8.jpg

Anyhow, as you may have read in some other Tech/Pub threads, the actual plan of attack to TBD...

img1112ss4.jpg

img1114mu5.jpg

img1120de6.jpg

img1116zf8.jpg

Pulled all the trim and Carpet in preparation of some type of Tranny Swap and hopful to find some Bucket Seats and or Brackets... The Black Carpet was spectacular and actually was more "damp" that would have expected when I yanked it out, especially on the Passenger side... you can see some "slight" surface rust, but nothing compared to you dudes out in the Rust/Salt Belt...

img1122lb2.jpg

img1124de7.jpg

Cleaned up the Carpet the Best I could (been drying out now for a few days) and hit with a Can of Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric Coating that I had left over from doing my Roll Bar Pads on the TJ. Other than the two holes on the Drivers Side (that are covered by the mats), I think it looks pretty nice for a 20+ year old stock carpet.

img1168yu8.jpg

Well after a couple weeks, I might be passing this project onto one of the guys in my Jeep Club... I was willing to finish it, but decided that I would really rather spend my time and $$$ getting my other 89 MJ where I want it and finish a few more things on my TJ.

I hope to get and swap in a Stroker into my '89 and also get it lifted/bigger tiers, etc, so getting the 87 running would have taken a back seat anyhow...

Anyhow, he was the guy that had all the XJ stuff and has all the parts to get the thing going... the one stipulation that I made to the guy was that he actually get the thing up and running again and not just part out and scrap the thing. I also asked that if in the future he wanted to sell it, that he give me first option to buy it back at whatever he thinks its worth running and whatever he put into it.

So I guess I still feel better having saved this 87 from the "crusher" and hope that the club guy will get it going and use it. I'm not going to make or lose any money on this and not really out much on my time to get it, start work on it. The guy isn't much of a computer guy, so doubt that he will get on here, but if I get updates from him, I will post here...

Wade

sell me the black interior first! :D

Sorry, it's already a done deal...Money hasn't changed hands, but we have a handshake deal, which as far as I'm concerned is just as solid... Sorry...

I forgot, he is also going to help with my Engine Swap, at he has some space and a crane to help pull my old one and drop my new one in... :D

• 1 month later...

Well, the YinYang Project is Over... I sold the 87 to a fellow 4x4Club member... He's going to put a new Tranny in and keep it... I'm not sure if he's going to do the 4WD conversion, but he said that he was gonna keep it and get it running and use it...

I got what I paid for it, so other than it sitting in my garage for a couple months, I'm really not out any cash, and didn't make any...

Now I have more space to start on projects for my "Keeper" MJ...

SW2

img00030rr4.jpg

sell me the black interior first! :D

Sorry, it's already a done deal...Money hasn't changed hands, but we have a handshake deal , which as far as I'm concerned is just as solid... Sorry...

I forgot, he is also going to help with my Engine Swap, at he has some space and a crane to help pull my old one and drop my new one in... :D

That is very cool ur a dinosaur not to many of us still in existence that would do what you have done. :cheers: