Once upon a time.

Why did you start with such a nice truck for a buggy project when you really only used part of the floor, part of the frame, the dash firewall and drivetrain? Its a sweet rockcrawler it just seems like a waste of a good truck considering what you actually saved from it.

It may have looked like "Such a good lookin truck...", but it was far from "good", or even worth the "waste" of time and effort to return to service.

Lots of hidden damage from a rear ender, and front ender. It was dirt cheap for a reason.

The upside is that nothing serviceable went to waste. Doors, bed, tailgate, rear window, axles, wheels, etc... all went to other local MJ's.

The other 4 trucks are stock, in service, and free of silly accessories such as "air dams", step rails, and the like.

:D

--ron

Dang you could have saved your self a lot of sawzaw blades if you would have started out building a buggy. But its just one of those things I guess, cut here bob there then nothings the same. looks good though. :popcorn:

hah! the pic of just the bottom part of the tub with the dash and stering wheel made me giggle.

AWESOME!

Loved the picture story and the build. You do very nice work. And drink well too it seems.

keep the pics a coming!

Thanks guys, it's a progression. I was all for going straight "there". I had a guy that needed a cab top for a restore even though mine was twisted by an inch or so. My son convinced me to do the truck thing first time around.

Unfortunately, I rolled it on Wrecking Ball before we finished the tube work, so the cab top was a waste. The back got used to fix a local rollover job.

The thing gets used alot, that makes for intermediate steps along the way.

Hey, I know you! :)

Have you seen my new MJ Ron? I'm NOT cutting it up like you.

I have, nice score.

We just started in on the long bed that we've been using as a shop truck for the last few years. The debate we're having is what direction to go. I'm winning with the stock config / 31's look.

The other 3 are semi in use, I think I'll be looking for a 4 banger to do a street truck with soon.

--ron

Your rig gave Matt and Myself lots of inspiration when we where building Pong :brows: I wish I too would have skipped to the last step from the begining. Don't let these fanatics give you a hard time about cutting up a MJ, some of them are as fanatical as CJ owners :brows:

Your rig gave Matt and Myself lots of inspiration when we where building Pong :brows: I wish I too would have skipped to the last step from the begining. Don't let these fanatics give you a hard time about cutting up a MJ, some of them are as fanatical as CJ owners :brows:

:D

Looked up your build, I like it!

--ron