MJ is going to be a logging truck this weekend...

mjeff87

One of my best buddies (and fellow Pittsburgher!) got pretty hammered by those tornadoes down in Suffolk, VA earlier this week. He and his family are o.k. but he's got about 20 trees on his house (his chimney got ripped off, blew out 6 windows, and demolished his wife's car in the driveway, too). I'm heading out with the MJ in recovery mode early tomorrow morning (they were just allowed back into the subdivision today, but still don't have electricity) with chainsaw, generator, gas, beer, and other implements of destruction, so I might not be on the board for a day or so. I'll try to get some good pics. Plan is to get all the wood off the house, cut some of it, and drag the rest with the MJ up to the street.

If anyone's around Suffolk, look for the MJ. Bring a chainsaw.....beer will be provided ;)

Jeff

Didn't need to use the MJ, there was plenty of heavy equipment down there. I got some pics, but only of houses that were vacant....

Click the full-size link:

Jeff

Didn't need to use the MJ, there was plenty of heavy equipment down there. I got some pics, but only of houses that were vacant....Jeff

Damn, I hate tornadoes. We get a lot of them down here. They are kind of unusual for Tidewater, right? What gets me is they are so selective, like the big man is pissed off at you and not your neighbor. Glad everyone is okay physically though. :D

Quite unusual for Tidewater. There was an outbreak up here last Monday (we were flying back from Puerto Rico and flew over them at 38,000 ft). The one that hit Suffolk was an F3, damage now is up to $28M, and rising.

Stuff can be replaced, people cannot. My bud and his family are o.k., that's what counts.

But, I don't want to see or even hear a chainsaw for at least a month...we did a year's worth of cutting in 5 hours.

Jeff

I am glad everyone is OK.

I remember the tornado outbreak from May of 1985 in PA and OH. I was in the National Guard back then and got called out at 3:00AM. It was a series of 12 tornados if I remember right and the damage was incredible, but the smell from dead animals is something I will never forget as they hit a lot of farms and there were literally cows, chickens, pigs etc... hanging in trees.