Engine wont run--->ALL FIXED!!!

ehaust is good....it finally quit completely running b4 i did the distributor change over and it was put back the right way...so i know its not the distributor....and no i had the engine rebuilt about 25-30K b4 and i know it didnt jump the timing chain...see my delima LOL

Sometimes you can tell that a converter is clogged because you don't go any faster when you push the gas pedal. Also, there usually is a noticeable drop in gas mileage associated with a clogged catalytic converter. A partially clogged converter often acts like an engine governor, limiting the actual RPMs to a fast idle. A totally clogged converter causes the engine to quit after a few minutes because of all the increased exhaust back pressure. :brows:

if you have fuseable links, check them. One of mine was bad and when you turnedf the key to run it would die, but maybe yours is just a weak connection or something? pull on them to see if they come apart, if it stretches, replace it

I'm gonna go with this too. I had th same problm as bn. Rlease key to run and it would stall. Mine was actually a bad wire next to the fusible link near the battery

ITS ALIVE!!!!!

Re-checked the timing and it was slightly off...spend 30min trying to get it right and first flip of the key she fired right up!! I'm so relieved that it runs but now about 1500 RPM it starts to stumble and backfire...and ideas on that??