WI emission laws

TNT

I like the new law. ;)

I've already been looking into a V-8 for the MJ. Probably a 360 mag engine or a 400 with a 440 crank.(446ci in a smaller sized block) a 383 with a 440 crank would be a 426ci. That would work too.

MILWAUKEE — Cars and trucks built before 1996 are scheduled to become exempt from having to undergo vehicle emissions inspections in southeastern Wisconsin starting July 1.

The changes in the program, which were approved earlier by the Legislature, affect cars in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Racine, Kenosha and Sheboygan counties.

The state now exempts cars in model years 1967 and older.

The program began in 1984 as a means for the region to come into compliance for violating federal clean air standards.

Charles Rhodes, who supervises the vehicle inspection program at Department of Transportation, says exempting older cars will drive down the cost of the program.

But officials say testing of heavy-duty vehicles that weigh 10,000 to 14,000 pounds is being added, as well as testing of diesel-powered vehicles

Where I live we only have a Safety Inspection each yr.. which is slatted to go to every 2 yrs. I see emmisions testing coming to where I live though, due to the traffic congestion.

safety inspection? what's that? :P

...our state isn't really interested in safety, just controlling pollution.

i've not ONCE had my truck inspected. this is good, since I don't have an EVAP system in it, and it has a motor that's 10 years newer than what the truck is. if I claimed these things, the truck would be tested at OBD II standards for a 1996 model year camaro 3800, and it throws engine check codes all the time since I don't have a post-catalytic converter 02 sensor (this is an un-necessary sensor)

we really should have it though. there are more $#!&ty cars on the road than you can imagine in wisconsin. take this one for instance...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

(the poor jeep)

Back in New Mexico(atleast before i moved to minnesota 3 years ago) you had to get a stupid emmisions test every year. For some reason it was harder to pass the test in Albuquerque than it was in other citys there. So what me and everyone else did was just take a little cruise to Rio Rancho to pass the test :D . For some reason they don't do emmisions test in minnesota, well as far as i know anyway. if they do i never got the memo. anyways its just another waste of money on a pointless law :nuts: