I need u-bolt part #

as the title says I need the part# for the 4 bolt that bolt the front drive shaft to the t-case. All the parts places around here are telling me that don't have them and or don't carry them and can't get them. I am think this is a bunch of bull so does any one have a part #

thanks

watson

I think he means the 4 bolts that bolt the drive shaft to the flange on the front of the transfer case output shaft. Not the u-bolt nuts. Correct me if I'm wrong. You can pick up grade 8 bolts at your local hardware store. They torque to 22 ft pounds by the way.

I think he means the 4 bolts that bolt the drive shaft to the flange on the front of the transfer case output shaft. Not the u-bolt nuts. Correct me if I'm wrong. You can pick up grade 8 bolts at your local hardware store. They torque to 22 ft pounds by the way.

yes this is what i need

and I called the jeep dealer and they told me that they no longer carried them. :headpop:

So bmp4x4 got a #

So why do you want to pay dealer prices when you can get the M10 bolts at a hardware store or Fastenal or similar supplier? :nuts:

My cost: $2 for the exact right bolts, thats why. I felt it was worth getting the right ones the first time too since my Jeep was not right next door to "Bob's Bolt Bin" :eek:

So why do you want to pay dealer prices when you can get the M10 bolts at a hardware store or Fastenal or similar supplier? :nuts:

My cost: $2 for the exact right bolts, thats why. I felt it was worth getting the right ones the first time too since my Jeep was not right next door to "Bob's Bolt Bin" :eek:

so ............. a # please

They definitely look right. Couldn't find the number on NAPA's website, but I have bought new ones. They changed the numbers (and supplier) recently. The old way was easy. 210-xxxx was regular, 215-xxxx (or bigger first 3 numbers) were heavier duty. 260-xxxx was the strap kit and 261-xxxx was the bolt kits.

personally, part numbers are great. but, if your store can't search a part by description, they don't deserve your business.

i NEVER tell them the part numbers, even if i know them. way I figure it, they either know, or they lose my business. it's not my fault they don't know how to run their catalog system/pc search and find it, and I WILL make it a point to bring this to the store manager's attention (somehow, i know quite a bit more about cars than most of the guys at the local parts stores, and they still won't hire me, so you bet your @$$ i'm gonna make them work)

so...just pointing out, they're not doing their jobs correctly if they're not helping the customer (you're always right, remember that)