Replacing door locks

Anybody have any tips for getting the retaining clip off. It looks like I may be able to remove the door latch and put a screwdriver threw one of the hole and against the retaining clip and hit it with a hammer. But I don't want to remaove the door latch if there is another way.

I am guessing you are refering to the key tumbler. I just changed mine the easiest way I have found is to remove the door panel and reach up to it with a pair of channel locks and just wiggle it loose. Sometimes they can be stuborn but this is the easiest way I know of and you can reinstall them the same way.

I ended up removing that little black plug on the side of the door and putting a long scredriver thru there and hitting it with a hammer.

Was that plug factory?? Thats a way to paintlessly remove dents/. They drill a hold in the side of the door, and then they insert a long tool and pop dents out.

I ended up removing that little black plug on the side of the door and putting a long scredriver thru there and hitting it with a hammer.

Was that plug factory?? Thats a way to paintlessly remove dents/. They drill a hold in the side of the door, and then they insert a long tool and pop dents out.

yes, it's a plug in the framework next to the latch on the door. it is factory.

yes, it's a plug in the framework next to the latch on the door. it is factory.

probably put there just for that purpose..