Got my 4.56 D30 on Saturday :):):):)

Had to sneak a bottle jack into the 'yard and relocate the blocks that were holding the XJ up (dead center on the LCA's...)

Yes, 4.56's do exist stock. This was the first one I've ever seen....

$89, out da door, and in the baca my MJ

Jeff

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

rear was a turdyfive w/ lsd. I thought about grabbing it, but decided not. I'm still holding out for an MJ '44 (which I planned to regear and maybe SOA anyways). Short of that I might go with an 8.8, but I'm in no rush.

The subject vehicle was an 87 XJ Country, with 2.5/AW4/231. It's the first and only one I've ever seen down here in the flatlands LOL. From what I've read, this was the only combo that came w/ 4.56's.

The '35 is still down there if anyone wants it....$79 IIRC. Bring your tools and $1 to get in the yard, and you can have it!

Jeff

I forgot, I have to run back down there and grab the speedo gear from the TC. DOH!

I'm sure a '44 will eventually show up in one of the two yards...it's the law of avearges. Plus my horoscope for yesterday said to "look for bargains....partners and associates will applaud you for your savings" Now that's funny.

On another note, is there a carrier break on a D44? I'm assuming I'd need a new carrier for 4.56's, once I find one...

Jeff

I don't know precisely where the break is, but chances are the 44 will be 3.07 or 3.54 so I'm going to say you'll most likely need a new carrier. Perfect time to buy a locker or LS that replaces the carrier. :-)

Jeep on!

--Pete