chopped back trials

not sure how i like it, i am going to do something like this for departure angle reasons. not sure how short yet and whether or not i am going to re-mount the tail gate with stock lights and all, i may just cut it flat, net the gate and cut in some LED's

I like it, a lot. I'd leave an extra few inches at the back though if you plan on retaining the tailgate. I can't remember which thread it was on here, but someone chopped their bed like that, and found it next to impossible to retain the gate because of clearance issues with the frame's crossmember. You may have just sold me on chopping my MJ15's bed shorter. 8)

That pic John Posted up seems like thay chopped the front part of the bed. When I was deciding to make Pong a truggy we thought of just bobbing the bed (way to dented and mangled to make sense though). What we came up with though.. was you would either have to change the front leaf spring mount, or go with different length springs. The reason I say this is the rear leaf spring mount isnt very far away from the rear of the frame. I think waggy leafs or Yj leafs would work right, but they are flatter in arch (less lift) the a SOA MJ leaf. There is also the option of xj leafs.. they are roughly 5" shorter.

If I was going to bob the bed I would also dovetail it while I was at it though :D

sorry for my lack of skills but this is all i got. This is kinda my thought if i ever 3 link the rear. and use some thing like a wrangler tail gate or somthing. enjoy and don't laugh to hard :oops:

Problem with linking the rear, is the gas tank and where that is located at. Unless You relocate the tank to the bed (read expensive), I don't think it could be done with out compromising some of the suspension movement

I was thinking something like this with some kinda coilovers. I would make the hoops go to the out side of the frame then run the coilovers down to the axle. In theory it would be like a comp cut on a xj. I would try to reuse the stock fuel take like this guy did and put a plate/box over the fuel tank for added storage.

2007%5C12%5C05%5Cbikepics-1106645-full.jpg:

Just thinking here and not trying to hijack this thread just adding some input