Tube doors.

I am looking at bolth the Formatt Fabrications and the Warrior Products tube doors. Anybody want to throw some opinions my way on either of the products? And how hard is it to modify your factory doors to be removeable. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Last I talked with Matt @ Formatt Fab he wasn't making them any longer. Things may have changed but last I knew he was done producing them.

The Warrior doors had some issues and they recalled them all back. I'm not sure if the problem's with them have been resolved or not yet.

I've seen both in person and would recommend the Formatt Fab one's over the Warriors.

As far as making your factory doors removable you need to cut the bottom of the hinge off.

driverhinge1.jpg

driverhinge2.jpg

driverhinge3.jpg

The drivers side is fine, however on the passengers side you "may" have an issue as the pins were sometimes pressed in from the bottom. If this is the case you just simply need to weld the pin in the top. I'd also recommend cutting the pins down a bit as it makes putting them on much easier.

passengerhinge1.jpg

Photo's from Randy @ MYXJ.net

1) Pull the fenders

2) unbolt the hinges

3) cut the bottom section of hinge that on side that attaches to the door.

5) Once cut, hammer fender side hinge down until it sepreates from the pin

6) Mount hinge back on with bolts, or if hinge is tearing away from fender like a can of tuna, weld it back on like yeh, and prep the metal for rust unlike me...

7) mount fender

8) lube pins with 3-1 oil/ WD/etc. and slide doors on

9) latch somehow

10) Enjoy!

I was doing some research and came across a few people that had suggested using a bolt in place of the pin. This idea sounds the best to me. How difficult is it to remove those pins altogether?

just re-use the pin if possible and use the bolt idea as a last resort, and just so you know don't bother taking the fenders off and unbolting the hinges and all. leave the door on and cut the bottom of the hinge with a 90* die grinder or a dremel. much faster

Well my hinges are held on by some puny roll pins. So I am gonna hammer them out and replace them with bolts. I have also cooked up a plan to get another set of doors, gut them and make a light weight set of doors.