Green bumper?

I checked local JYs yesterday for a front bumper. Old one was chrome, but not salvageable, but with the new front I think a black one would look better.

One place has a bumper supposedly off a Comanche Limited, including end caps and brackets for $50.

BUT, it is green! I thought they only came in black and chrome?

Has anybody heard of front bumpers other than black or chrome on our trucks?

No, it's the front. I'm going there to pick it up Saturday morning. Also getting a fender for $35, but gotta take it off myself, and a D/S mirror for my coworker's Grand Cherokee for $25.

I could possibly get the parts cheaper elsewhere, but shipping or gas would kill me. This place is Jeeps only and only 1 hour drive from here (it's in Salem, OH).

i found a white 91 XJ at the jy with color matched bumper and power side mirrors. Unfortunately the bumper was trashed or i would have grabbed it. Hasn't been much at the yards lately, so i picked this ebay:

bumper.jpg

Plan to paint it red to match the rest of the truck. The end caps seem to be a made of something slightly different than the normal end caps. Maybe its just the result of the paint.

Just got back from picking up the bumper as well as a new driver's side fender at Daveys Jeeps.

The bumper came off a Cherokee Limited, not a Comanche. He showed me how all Cherokee Limiteds have color matched bumpers, as far back as 1992. And he's got a bunch of them. It is the same bumper as the black one, just in a different color. The fog lights (or what's left of them) and the bumper guards are still black.

The fender I took off a 96 Cherokee Sport. Same color that my truck used to be (before clear coat disappeared), but I'll have to remove the Cherokee emblem and Sport sticker and replace them with the Comanche and Pioneer emblems.

The vacuum reservoir is also twice as big in the new bumper, and has only one hookup, instead of two on my old one.

Will be installing them tomorrow, and post more pictures.