Tune up questions?

I am going to do a tune up on my 97 xj and I was thinking about cleaning the throttle body and run some fuel injector cleaner through it but I'm not sure if it needs it or if it makes any difference. Does it help at all.

it definetly couldnt hurt ,i do that sort of thing it work from time to time, but if u do the injector cleaner in a bottle as aposed to just pouring it in the tank u will want to hold off on replacing the plugs untill after u have ran the cleaner in it so u don't foul the new plugs.

get some bg 44k and run through it, you should get the oil additive and gas additive about 20 bucks a can

stuff is amazing, we use it all the time at work. as far as cleaning th ethrottle body that is agood idea, and on an older vehicle its always beneficial to check the PCV or CCV system to make sure its ventilating well. you may be finding oil in your air filter if its clogged up real good (not sure if this problem is common on 97 models though due to changes in valve covers)

get some bg 44k and run through it, you should get the oil additive and gas additive about 20 bucks a can
Absolutely. It's a bit expensive, but it is VERY good stuff. We used it for a long time at the dealership, but now they have changed to some stuff from M.O.C. :roll: . All the techs want the BG stuff back.

Being an AMSOIL dealer, I have to say that I use the AMSOIL fuel system cleaner and am real happy with it's results as well ;) .

OH...BTW...don't forget the fuel filter too. It's probably time to change that as it is usually included in any major tune up if it is an external filter.