upgrade to larger u-joints

Some quick and dirty research a while back pointed to ABS equipped 93-95 YJs having the right shafts for the bigger joints. Don't know for sure what is accurate though. :(

Yes they will..but they will not be disco axles. Those went away with the HO in 1991.

CW

Some quick and dirty research a while back pointed to ABS equipped 93-95 YJs having the right shafts for the bigger joints. Don't know for sure what is accurate though. :(

Yes they will..but they will not be disco axles. Those went away with the HO in 1991.

CW

All YJ's had the disco axle. I think it was in 1994 they went to the 297X joints on the ABS equiped YJ's but in 1995 all of them got the bigger joints.

I don't really know if the 297X joints are a upgrade when useing the stock shaft because the holes were just bored out bigger to accept the bigger caps. my friend ripped the ears off the inner shafts on both sides on his TJ the joints dident even break.

The ears on my YJ's shafts were bent in slightly and couldent get the clips on the caps so i bought some non disco 297X shafts off ebay