dana44 locker

can I use a locker out of any dana 44? front, rear, doesn't matter? or does it matter.

i know where a couple locked axles are at a few junkyards...and frankly don't have the $$$ for a locker, and these are "pocket-items" some might say. i know both owners of the junkyards and they couldn't care less about that scrap metal...i bring them enough that it would be free.

appreciate the help. never locked before and about to be putting a mj dana 44 in the 3800 with 4.10's and SOA/6.5" lift

He probably won't wheel it hard enough. He could probably get away with a Auburn :rotf:

If he gets a lunch box locker the carrier break won't matter. ;)

I hope he puts that axle to good use I traded the 3.07 geared D44 and some $$$ for it. Factory gears are the best and that axle is in great shape. :D

It's a factory 4.09 geared MJ D44. jamminz.gif

If you get them for free or next to it...why not go for it!!!

The lunch box's are not bad really. It my opinion that they got allot of there bad rap from the enormous popularity of the wrangler. People put them in and didn't like what happened. (I didn't either!!) Well, many where standard shifts, this coupled with the VERY short rear drive shafts made for a bad combination. Our Comanches have a long drive shaft and many have autos. both of these are GOOD for eliminating the harshness that gave the lunch box its black eye.

I had two in my TJ, one in the D35 and another in the 8.8. Both where harsh and made road driving a chore. I was WAY skeptical about doing it again with the Comanche. But they are SO EASY to put in, I figured no harm as I got it as a free loaner form a friend. I threw it in, along with new pins and springs as I am recommending to you. It drove GREAT!! Almost invisible, REALLY, aside form the tire chirps if I was heavy footed in corners, you never knew it was thee!!!

I say go for it!! Once you get it and know the manufacturer, disassemble, clean well, get your self new springs and pins. (Cheap kit available) Look it over good and reassemble. Enjoy the traction increase!!

CW