ChopManche!

so, this is my mj. picked it up from a volvo mechanic who had it sitting out in front of the garage amid the parts cars. he got it from a guy he was fixing a volvo for who had a tree fall on the mj, took a saws-all to it and drove it for about a year. he got into a fender bender and replaced the driver's side fender panel. i got it as a trade for a volvo with a bum engine (very good trade if i do say so myself).

yeah, that's me there. :oops:

it's an '86 Custom with a 2.5l, five speed, pretty much everything stock. at this time i had ripped out the carpet, popped some holes in the floor for draining purposes and rustoleumed the $#!+ out of it. some rattle-can truck bed liner and i'm temporarily done. (very poor and very busy. i'm opening a restaurant at the moment) some heavy duty floor mats keep it very quiet, i was surprised.

plans!

-complete cold air intake

-smooth out the lines from initial saws-all session

-get a roll cage from s&w like 88mjay

-complete the interior with a trip to a rhinoliner shop

-custom vinyl top!

-super simple exhaust with cherrybomb glasspack (redneck machine!)

-stripped dash and interior with steel dash from s&w (climate control? nah)

-black dyed seat, maybe vinyl doors

-new rims (chrome!)

-chrome trim swap

- fog lights, search lights, air horns, huge "cb" antenna, work lights, etc

i'm keeping the engine mostly stock for now, i don't have the cash to do an engine swap or any major lift project and the only trail-riding that's worth anything in tallahassee is in the mudflats, and mudding is for rich white suburban kids in this town. i like the rat-rod look so i don't think i'm going to clean up the exterior very much, just keep it running until i can lift it and up the horsepower. i'm thinking a rhinoliner paint-job in the future... :brows:

i'm quite an amateur so i'm sure i can use all the tips i can get. progress will be slow until the restaurant is open. i think wednesday i'll trim it up and get some better pictures. input is appreciated!

dave

That is a one of kind bad @$$ MJ trizzuck! jamminz.gif

Please see it through because I'de really like to see that thing cleaned up and tricked out. Does the windshield frame flex at all? :rotfl2:

not that i know of, at least not on the road. i don't take it on the trail in its' present condition. that would be scary. :eek: