Front end Face lift

I'm not much for doing a super DIY write up but here goes.

I got tired of the ol' manche lookin like poo so I decided to give it a face lift. Seemed pretty straight forward! Here is what you need

Couple cans of "pick a color" spray paint

Some sandpaper, I picked 400 grit

Some misc hand tools

Here is the manche to start

Image Not Found

Next is starting to tear down....

Image Not Found

More teardown, I thought about taping off the bumper to paint but realized it was just a few bolts to get it off so I did it that way instead.

Image Not Found

After you get it all torn off knock down all the rust and what not with the sandpaper then go at it with your spray paint. I did two coats which seemed to turn out okay.

Small hickup when re-installing... The connector for the light had broken in two so I tried glue but think I might have to call the stealership and get a new connector

Image Not Found

And finally a few after shots. Hope you enjoy

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 1 month later...

Nice job.

May want to consider when you have the header off and apart, paint the center section black so when you reinstall the grille and headlights, you won't be able to see the lighter colors through the grille. Not a bad time to touch up the A/C condenser as well.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

You can get those connectors from the parts stores, probably cheaper than the dealerships...

Personally I clip off all of the good ones (and other electrical stuff) from vehicles before I take them to the recycler...