Seat cover removal

Ok, so next tech question. I am getting ready to remove one of my seat covers, so while it seems simple enough, I thought I'd ask before I did it from those who have done it for any heads up on areas of concern and/or any tricks for stubborn areas, if there are any. I actually just need to change out the seat back, the bottom will remain. My main questions are how to remove the tubes where the headrest posts go and if the plastic latch to flop the seat forward just pulls off after unscrewing the trim?

Ok, so next tech question. I am getting ready to remove one of my seat covers, so while it seems simple enough, I thought I'd ask before I did it from those who have done it for any heads up on areas of concern and/or any tricks for stubborn areas, if there are any. I actually just need to change out the seat back, the bottom will remain. My main questions are how to remove the tubes where the headrest posts go and if the plastic latch to flop the seat forward just pulls off after unscrewing the trim?

The biggest thing is to take your time. The foam cushions are old and like to crumble or tear. The head rest tubes are two piece and can be carefully popped apart to remove. The lever trim I believe has a pin in it. JeepcoMJ help me out here, I know you've had these things completely apart. :D

So the post holes should just snap apart and then back together when I put the cover back on?

And on the latch "knob", I thought it might have a pin of some sort since it wouldn't just pull off, but I don't see one anywhere on it to be able to push it out.

So the post holes should just snap apart and then back together when I put the cover back on?

And on the latch "knob", I thought it might have a pin of some sort since it wouldn't just pull off, but I don't see one anywhere on it to be able to push it out.

On my seats, the headrest has two clips made into it. Kinda, sorta like electrical connectors. ie.. you snap them together and it hooks..... I removed the seat back fabric (too easy.) and kinda peeled it off inside out. (kinda like a sock) then you will see where and how to push the clips in and release the cylinders. Of course, you know you have to twist the things to adjust the head rest right? well imagine the part that twist is a cylinder inside of another cylinder. the outside cylinder has the clips you push from inside the seat... Is this what your asking??

On my seats, the headrest has two clips made into it. Kinda, sorta like electrical connectors. ie.. you snap them together and it hooks..... I removed the seat back fabric (too easy.) and kinda peeled it off inside out. (kinda like a sock) then you will see where and how to push the clips in and release the cylinders. Of course, you know you have to twist the things to adjust the head rest right? well imagine the part that twist is a cylinder inside of another cylinder. the outside cylinder has the clips you push from inside the seat... Is this what your asking??

Be carefull with those plastic cylinders the headrest goes into to, I snapped mine and the only place I could find replacements are at the JY. :oops:

Yes JT, thanks. What about the plastic latch knob to flop the seat forward?

On those,, Well those things were the main reason I removed my covers.. The thing was I could lift the knob, but the the latch wasn't releasing, which didn't let the seat tilt forward. IIRC there is a cover around the knob that has two silver screws (those covers were busted on mine) Remove those and the bezel pops off. The knob has a roll pin through it, so I didn't mess with it, Anyway that knob is connected to a cable (just like a bicycle brake cable) that runs down to the latch. There was a little bracket that held the cables cover, to make it work, that was bent back and didn't allow the latch to move. I bent it back down and it was good. On another note, there at the knob the seat frame has teeth that holds the cover down.....that cover might work in conjunction with the teeth to hold the seat fabric. Like I said mine were busted..