1JTMP65PXHT043677

uncle_doodah

1987 Jeep Comanche Pioneer

4.0L I6 (RENIX) / AW4 / 231 / Dana 30 / Dana 35 / 119.9”

Build date: unsure — looks like sticker was either removed or painted over. Original owner purchased 5/12/87.

Current Location: Indianapolis

Status: Just bought from an auction; starts, but needs a new battery and repair for fuel leak somewhere along fuel rail.

Notes: owned by just one family before I bought it, and they took great care of it. Looks like factory options include bed liner, fog lights, step bumper with ball hitch, tow hooks, lockable tool box, 10-spoke wheels, cloth bench seat, column shift. Previous owner added CB radio, had it re-painted brown, and added “Sahara Edition” decals. I thought that was actually a factory option when I first bid on it and thought it was just super rare. I guess if it’s 1/1 , that is pretty rare! :laugh:

Current owner: your truly

Found this site while trying to find evidence of a “Sahara Edition” before I placed a bid on it. Seeing how much y’all love this truck convinced me to make it happen. I’ve only done a few basic auto repairs on my previous cars, but I’m a quick learner, and my wife’s gpa fixes up old trucks. Been watching a lot of YouTube, and hoping the good folks here can help me here and there. Excited to get this beauty back in commission and start turning heads!

IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4028.jpeg

1 of 1 indeed. :D  I always found it odd when owners apply a sticker/emblem from a completely different vehicle (unless it was done as a joke).  but I guess they just really liked the Sahara wranglers? 

We not gonna point out the street grill?

Those fogs aren’t factory fogs but I’m not saying it couldn’t have the factory fog lamp harness but from the XJ and MJ time up to 91 was Marchals then ROLs. After was blazer lights.