4.0l ho starting problems

Hey so I got a 92 comanche eliminator and I've been having starting issues lately. So off a cold start it seem like its not getting enough fuel and struggles to iddle but after a minute or so smooths out and runs fine. Has good oil pressure the only thing I can think of is I have a bad battery that's in it now. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated thanks 

5 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

What happens if you cycle the key a couple of times before trying to start it? Have you verified fuel pressure?

No code and where would I check fuel pressure? but I think it was the throttle sensor, my case broke and it still works but just checked and it was loose again so I'll see if that fixed  it tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, jack Robinson said:

No code and where would I check fuel pressure? but I think it was the throttle sensor, my case broke and it still works but just checked and it was loose again so I'll see if that fixed  it tomorrow.

Cycling the key a few times would have the pump run a couple of times to make sure the system would prime. There should be a schrader valve along the fuel rail where you could hook up a gauge to check the pressure. 

10 hours ago, jack Robinson said:

Good place to start. Pun intended.