Powered Subwoofer Location help

Did a search, but couldn’t find an answer. I have a kicker powered subwoofer box. It’s a bit heavy, but I still would like it on the back panel behind the seat. Will putting this 1/4” plywood on the back be enough to support it?

9099B616-142A-4410-9E4B-F3644A132892.jpeg.291d6f78e4b0a101fcdb38bb908acb88.jpeg

Any other things I should consider?

It will, I ran a very similar setup before. The trick is to really secure and insulate that panel. That back cab bulkhead can't handle sub vibrations very well. Expect to find a great number of rattles if mounted there along with lackluster performance. Thicker MDF board will do better. 

Thanks Smokyyank. Not to sound ignorant, but what is MDF board? How thick can I fit behind the panel? I definitely don’t want it to make unwanted noise. 

57 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

It will, I ran a very similar setup before. The trick is to really secure and insulate that panel. That back cab bulkhead can't handle sub vibrations very well. Expect to find a great number of rattles if mounted there along with lackluster performance. Thicker MDF board will do better. 

1 hour ago, Drahcir495 said:

Thanks Smokyyank. Not to sound ignorant, but what is MDF board? How thick can I fit behind the panel? I definitely don’t want it to make unwanted noise. 

Medium density fiber board. It’s what they make most speaker cabinets with. Denser than particle board and very smooth. Can be found at pretty much any lumber yard. I would an 3/4”. When you say “fit behind the panel” are you talking about the original panel? I didn’t have one when I got my truck so I just used the mdf board as a replacement for the original. 

2 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Good to know. Yes, I’m wondering how thick of MDF can I fit behind the original carpet covered panel? 

I used mdf as a replacement for the carpeted panel. Not sure if anything would fit behind it