steps for alignment?

i'am going to change all steering parts tie rods, draglink tomorrow. This is on a stock 2wd 1988 MJ. I replaced the track bar a couple of months ago and now this has messed up the alignment. New track bar same length as orig, but now tires are pushed to the left steering wheel is also off. Truck has 200k so it's time for some new parts. Any way where is the starting point for adjusmnets. My guess is the dradlink going from pitman to the right wheel would be the first adjusment and then adjust toe in too the left wheel. Is this correct? Just wanting to get it close enough to drive to the alignment shop. Appreciate any answer that i can go by. Thanks, Paul

52 minutes ago, tarmac2dirt said:

After more searching i found a good wright up on DIY section here on CC page 5, as if anyone else wants to know.

This is gonna be one of those threads 5 years from now where page 5 may not be applicable anymore haha. Could you link it please? Just copy the link and paste it here. 

• 2 weeks later...

looking to see if someone has the correct torque for the tie rod ends. The write up i found shows to torque the TRE to 80 ft lbs which i did (maybe he meant 80nm). Now I'm afraid the i have either streched the threads or stressed the TRE ball stud. I'm going out in about an hour to pop everything apart inspect and retorque all TRE nuts to 55 ft lbs unless someone has a TSM that shows the correct torque. Most XJ websites shows 55 ft lbs. I would greatly appreciate any feedback to the correct torque. Thank you, Paul

This is for the tapered stud on the ball joint, yeah?

Check the threaded portion for any necking or stretching. If you can spin the nuts up and down smoothly it’s probably fine. The tapered stud might stretch out the hole a little bit, but that shouldn’t be too big a deal, the taper will make up for that the next time it gets changed.

All you’re doing is mashing that taper into its hole. No components other than the stud and the hole will be affected.