Distributor issues 92 HO

So the ecm has fault code 54, sync signal. Checked grounds and 8volt supply are good. Rotated the the crank pully by hand and the sensor shows 5v when the pulse ring engages the sync pick up and 0v when leaving the pick up. But when cranking, it stays at a constant 5v using analogue meter. 

I decided to upgrade to the 94+ dizzy to avoid punching the ring pin and removing dizzy gear just to replace the sensor.

Issue with the aftermarket 94+ is the housing doesn't line up with the hold down bolt. Yes its a china made O'Reilly's pos.

Does anybody know of a model that is clocked correctly? Searched local pnp's but nothing near me. 

Do I chance a reman and hope its clocked correctly by said underpaid worker?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When I’ve put in the ‘94+ distributors I’ve had to reclock the spark plug wires to make them work. I think it was just one position clockwise. They run fine after that.
I think it was this thread that inspired me to do it. https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/distributor-cap-rotor-78168/

I’ve also seen people mention cutting off the ears and going with the older style hold-down. But that’s more effort than moving the spark plug wires. 

I’d say you’re better off changing the whole distributor vs just the sensor. Especially if you need to disassemble the thing to change it. Just my experience on it, but the couple times I got code 54 the distributor shaft itself had so much play in it that I suspect the sloppiness was leading to an erratic cam sensor signal. The one time it was bad enough to actually puke oil up under the cap.