The Legend of the Comanche Parts Truck Lives On

This just showed up on facebook marketplace and I couldn't believe it. I read about comanche's being used as dealership parts trucks, but I've never seen one myself, especially one belonging to the dealership my folks got their grand cherokee from. From what it seems this comanche was retired just recently and it was replaced by a sprinter van. I called up the dealership to find out why they had it so long and they told me it was because it would not die and that it did not need commercial plates. It worked great moving the big items back and forth between locations.

Gosh I wish I had known earlier, I would have grabbed it. Time to call up some nearby dealerships :brows:

Huntington-jeep-parts-MJ - Copy.jpg

My Comanche was used as a dealer parts truck too.  Apparently the original owner of my truck sold it back to the original selling dealer after driving it for 16 years and putting 239k miles on it.  The dealer decided to use it as their parts truck for 15 years putting another 10k miles on it and doing some nice maintenance like the clutch and swapping the AC to R134A.  The dealer sold it to a former employee who had started his own corner car lot and he used it to tow his boat for a year.  He got it painted and looking decent.  I picked it up and started down the path of fixing probably 16 years of differed maintenance.  I was pleased to have printed records of all work the dealer did on the truck in the 15 years they owned it.