Adding a transmission cooler question

I have a '90 MJ with the 4.0L & the Automatic AW4 transmission.

I want to add a used factory cooler that I found on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124425121514?fits=Model%3ACherokee|Make%3AJeep&hash=item1cf850aeea:g:0eYAAOSwW8Vfo03D&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0PA3CX03upB0Pv7ImUGBkIKFnaiDNtEvqqfTmsaOomo8hFb6vBB13%2FYr3YDC6bJos%2FgoG2qeBme3UfMTxpgLSr49T0X0Eyod%2FaBht1ByJJ0N4fWpwqnMLY7stv%2BLkGa5dZNidOTYrEC3L9O8zT7bwhpnTFr7XCB57OuGtdg8cqHwUdHrlOjh1zoLYS2L60HXSbSd8UQpZ3vtjIAicuRzA4gYCTX8IcDTvWR7kXWI0s4RrwN36GLY%2FLbeiIlKd9ShPketV6ZqhMxUY9%2F3gnu%2BA1Q%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zimPKkYw

Can someone tell me how I add the lines from the radiator/transmission. Note, I live in the northeast, so warming the transmission fluid in the winter time is required as well.

Here is a picture of how the lines run now:

20240120_085429_resized.jpg

I've always bypassed the rad entirely. I've never had a issue with temps. On my WJ I have a cooler that bypasses the rad, just got through sub zero temps in CO and it still would get up to 150-160* on normal drives. 

If you want to keep it plumbed through the rad run it on the return line. I'd also forgo a old used one and just buy a new one. You can either use AN connectors or just worm gears. 

4 hours ago, Smokeyyank said:

I've always bypassed the rad entirely. I've never had a issue with temps. On my WJ I have a cooler that bypasses the rad, just got through sub zero temps in CO and it still would get up to 150-160* on normal drives. 

If you want to keep it plumbed through the rad run it on the return line. I'd also forgo a old used one and just buy a new one. You can either use AN connectors or just worm gears. 

Thanks, do you recommend any particular brand?

Something not many people consider, or would need to I imagine, there’s a noticeable difference in shifting if I use my block heater or not below -20°F or so. Even after idling for a bit to warm up, the trans will hang between gears for a bit when I didn’t use the block heater. Only possible way the block heater would affect shifting is due to extra warmth in the heat exchanger. It will usually only be the first few shifts, but it still is enough of a thing that I’d rather have the heat exchanger in the system.